You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Sim Installation - Unable to connect using vPilot

Cathal Kavanagh 1324322

Cathal Kavanagh 1324322
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I've just fired up my new computer and completed all necessary installations - However when opening vPilot I get the first error;

Server list download failed. Using previously-cached server list. Error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'us.data.vatsim.net'

Second error when trying to connect once the simulator is open;

Network error: Connection failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 178.79.154.95:6809

The following versions of SimConnect are installed but no simconnect.xml is present in the Local Roaming folder.

v10.0.60905.0

v10.0.61242.0

v10.0.61259.0

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This isn't a SimConnect problem, so you're fine there. Looks like a DNS problem which is preventing your computer from downloading the server list. Are you able to view the following URL in a browser?

http://us.data.vatsim.net/vatsim-servers.txt

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Cathal Kavanagh 1324322
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what the issue was, powered down the computer not long after posting this - Once booted up after a period of 6hours roughly the issues have disappeared and vpilot is working as normal.

• 5 months later...
Yasir mehmood
Posted
Posted

i have simconnect error sir please help me too

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yasir, if you have an error, you need to post exactly what that error is. A screenshot would be best.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC