You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.2.0.0 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.2.0.0 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• New frame rate detection logic
  • Added the ability to connect with only an output audio device present (for those who are receive only)
  • Added voice server auto-reconnect functionality for voice server disconnects
  • Fixed issue with .wallop not sending the full message

This version of xPilot features a newly designed frame rate detection logic. You will be allotted 30 seconds of bad frame rate time (FPS less than 20). At 10 seconds of consecutive bad frame rate time, you will receive your first warning message letting you know that you’ll be disconnected in 20 seconds if your frame rate does not improve. At 20 seconds, you will receive a second warning message letting you know that you’ll be disconnected in 10 seconds. At 30 seconds, you will be disconnected from the network. If your frame rate improves at anytime before you are disconnected, any pending disconnects will be cancelled. Previously, the bad frame rate time was accomeulated until a 30 second bucket was exhausted, at which time you were disconnected. Now, your frame rate must be below 20 for at least 30 consecutive seconds before you are disconnected.

Also new in this version is the ability to connect to the voice servers with only an output audio device. This is especially helpful to those users who are receive only (but we hope you will one day join us on voice!)

Lastly, a voice server auto-reconnect functionality has been implemented. Previously, if you encountered a connection disruption to the voice server, you were silently disconnected without any warning. Now, xPilot will attempt to automatically re-connect you to the voice server. You will be notified through the main xPilot window when this occurs, and you will hear an audible error sound notifying you of such event.

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Justin, excellent updates. Thanks so very much!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted

Hello Justin,

Many thanks for this upgrade !

I guess it'll be well received by all simmers.

Best regards

Daniel

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

the new update is little better... but the can be more better!

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted
the new update is little better... but the can be more better!

That's not constructive at all and unusable feedback. Justin needs evidence, data, logs.

it is difficult to send log here and pictures it can not apologize.

Chris Lanari 1212789
Posted
Posted

Thank you for this update, Justin. I really appreciate it. It fixed my problems getting disconnected while filing flight plans.

Donald Ralis 1468227
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update Justin.

• Board of Governors
Manuel Manigault
Posted
Posted

The update worked for me! I received no warnings and was not disconnected. Thanks Justin!

Manuel Manigault

VP, Americas Region

VATSIM

Ryan Breaker 1386739
Posted
Posted

Is there a way to download these earlier releases? 1.2.1.0 is crashing on me without reason and I'd like to try an earlier version.

• Justin Shannon unpinned this topic