You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot change Fallback Aircraft Type ICAO

Daniel Mckee

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Topic title says it all. i.e. BE58 is a correct ICAO for Baron 58 and I want it to be the fallback. No matter what I do after I type this ICAOin it just will not change?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

This has been fixed in the next release.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

A bit annoying that such an error is there in the first place. It's not exactly a hidden area in the control panel and I am surprised that not all parts of the control panel were tested before release? Anyway appreciate that it will be fixed. Next question is where did the PC-6 entry come from that is in my panel?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

You're welcome to create your own pilot client if you feel you can do better! In the meantime, you can edit the config file directly (X-Plane/Output/Preferences/Xpilot.prf).

What do you mean by "PC-6 entry"?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

In xPilot Settings where the Fallback Aircraft Type ICAO is located my entry shows PC-6 and I do not know where this input was generated. Anyway was just an "aside" so and a reply is not necessary now. and, thank you for the interim solution in the xPilot.prf file.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

A related question.

I've changed DEFAULT_AC_TYPE in XPilot.prf to B462 but what livery will be used? Is there a way for me to control that or how is the choice of livery made?

Richard Åsberg