You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Comm issues with Vatsim - Freq Issue?

Anthony Mazetis

Anthony Mazetis
Posted
Posted

when I run xsb I can hear all controllers. However I never hear other planes. I am on the right free's according to ATC at the time. Any suggests?

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

My guess: The controller has not enabled cross-coupling on their frequency and the other a/c are too far away or too low for you to hear them. Nothing can be done on your end to "fix" that.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Just to chip into this - as far as a pilot client is concerned, there is no difference between any voice sources - there's no magic thing that says "this is a controller" vs "this is a pilot" - we just get the bare audio stream and a server calculated "range" coefficient. If you can hear anybody, it's definitely working right on your end.

There's a few interface gaps created by the fact that AFV's idea of coverage and range don't map to well to the old whos online controller list - if ATC instructs you to use an alternate frequency, make sure you use the one they instruct, rather than the one on your whos online list.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.