You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xsquawkbox/input/string dataref

Craig Deitch

Craig Deitch
Posted
Posted

The dataref xsquawkbox/input/string used to display the last message a user sent. That doesn't seem to happen anymore - could that please be reinstated if possible?

If it is done, could you please advise the mechanism to send that line of text? Does it need a special character or command?

This change will allow me to write a FWL script to send messages in VR without having to remove the headset.

Cheers, Craig.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

I'll look into it - I don't think I changed anything that should have broken it, but there were some subtle changes around the text radio.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Craig Deitch
Posted
Posted

If you add a datref that exposes the system messages that show in red (i.e. Connected, Disconnected, etc) that would be a bonus but I think we can live without them.

• 4 weeks later...
Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

The fact that dataref had the last user input line was actually an artefact of a mechanism I want to get rid of - XSB farms out input to other plugins and allows them to intercept and change them before XSB itself processes them. I'm not keen on this (and a few other things XSB has done "forever") because they can leak information without warning to other plugins.

I'm putting the feature back in for now, but I'll be removing it in 3.0 for sure.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.