You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV Standalone Client: Open mic on reconnect (unindicated)

Daniel Neugebauer

Daniel Neugebauer
Posted
Posted

Almost every time I get disconnected from AFV using the standalone client and reconnect without restarting the application in between, I end up with an open mic once reconnected. It does not seem to matter if the disconnect happened while PTT was pressed. TX is not highlighted and RX works fine nevertheless (should have been suppressed while having an open mic since I am transmitting), so I have no indication that my microphone is actually open. Pressing PTT does not solve the situation. The only way to get rid of the open mic is to exit and restart the standalone client.

Did anyone else experience that bug?

That issue happened to me at least 3 times when I was made aware of it by others (two times while flying with swift, one time while controlling with EuroScope) and it might also have occured one other time when I was puzzled why someone would complain about me "talking on Unicom" when I wasn't.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Interesting... The Swift and Euroscope (Standalone) client are written in two entire different languages, by two separate development teams, would be very stange for this bug to occur in both.

Were you transmitting at the time you got disconnected? We can try and add some protection into the next update to resolve this on the Standalone side, and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] on to the swift guys anything we find.

Cheers

Gary

AFV Team

Daniel Neugebauer
Posted
Posted

Actually I am still using the AFV standalone client with swift (so it's the same as with Euroscope) because I had some audio volume issues with swift 0.9.3 (already reported; workaround: check the "disable audio" options on the launcher and use the standalone client).

I remember that I got disconnected two times when I was just lifting my finger from the PTT button, so I would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume those disconnects happened while I was still transmitting. I am quite sure it also happened without PTT being pressed during disconnect but in that case it might have carried over some bad state from an earlier reconnect. AFV version is 1.6.32 (installed by auto update).

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Ah excellent, I will fix that in the standalone then