You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AI aircraft invisible when not on vatsim

Maverick Lint 1456501

Maverick Lint 1456501
Posted
Posted

What do i have to do to see ai aircraft when not connectwd to vatsim, non of them move either they say a speed and altitude on xplane map but stay in place facing north not visible when i fly roght where it says they are

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

AI Aircraft are under XSB's control irrespective as to if you're connected or not because of some legacy aircraft rendering features that required that level of control.

If you want to fly with default AI aircraft, you'll need to move XSB out of your plugin directory for those sessions.

The fact they're showing up on your map at all suggests to me that you might actually have a plugin conflict and something other than XSB might be taking control of them. There's a fundamental limitation in X-Plane that only one plugin can have control of the AI aircraft at any time. Because of this, XSB yields control of the AI aircraft completely now if somebody else has it, and won't touch the datarefs creating ghost planes. I'm also not aware of XSB producing phantom aircraft in the X-Plane standard maps because of how the AI aircraft slots are used by XSB (it's done in such a way as to avoid that).

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.