You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Press to talk on SWIFT "disconnects" X-Plane from "on top"

Robin Tannahill

Robin Tannahill
Posted
Posted

Maybe this is the way it is supposed to work. I have SWIFT minimised, with just the Navigator Bar showing on my X-Plane Screen. I have set up the "Alt" key as my Push-to-Talk in Swift. When I press the Alt key, I get the "squelch" noise, but I am no longer "on top" in my X-Plane Window. I have to press the X-Plane Icon on the Task-bar (twice) to get back to having my X-Plane window "on top". Is this the way it should work, or am I missing a setting in Swift.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I think that may not be Swift functionality, but ALT key functionality in Windows. Have you tried using a different PTT key?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Robin,

adding to Rob's reply: are you using a PTT on your keyboard on purpose? Wouldn't it be easier and more realistic to your have PTT key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to your joystick/yoke? I highly recommend doing this.

Robin Tannahill
Posted
Posted

I'll try a joystick key and see if that helps.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

If you wish so, you can still have a PTT key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to your keyboard, in parallel. The ALT-key is not a great choice though, because you may be using it regularly for other things. I'd try another one, if you think that you need one on your keyboard, too.