You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Issue with a pilot

pavlin stanchev 1361882

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted (edited)

Today I got issue with some pilot, who asked me to move in middle of my preflight procedure.

Edited by Guest

PavlinS. FlightGear pilot.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hello Pavlin,

I have removed the majority of your post. In simple terms we don't name and shame here no matter how strongly you feel about the issue.

Looking at the attached images this is surely something you two could have worked out between you. If not then, as mentioned in the images you could have asked for a Supervisor.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

I did not asked supervisor because I don't know how. I just want confurmation. My model matching never waited for 5 minutes to show other player's model.

I want to know is there any reason for me to think I might get banned for this?

That's why I osted those videos and images, so I can show my perspective.

PavlinS. FlightGear pilot.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Pavlin,

no, just being parked over or under another aircraft you cannot get you banned. In case that you are online and somebody just appears on top of you, the other user should kindly move to another position, that would be a gentleman's move. If there is a doubt about who was there first, please communicate directly with the other member and try to resolve the situation amicably. In the end we are just simulating bits and bytes! If no agreement can be reached, be the gentleman and move to another stand. Although 99% of your fellow members will be open for a compromise or just don't mind, there is a very small number of people who may make a big issue out of such a situation. Either ignore them or call a Supervisor for help. You can do this by typing ".wallop your message to Supervisors", for example ".wallop Hello, I need some help, conflict with another pilot parked at the same position as me."

Please avoid to verbally fight with other members, if in doubt be the clever and more relaxed person and just move a few meters to avoid a conflict, should somebody feel entitled to a certain parking position.

I am sorry that you have made this experience, I hope it won't happen to you again, no matter who was "right" or "wrong" in your case.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't know how it works with flight gear, but keep in mind that at least with vpilot, it can take several seconds for another aircraft to appear in your sim. So if you connect and then see another aircraft appear in the same location as you after a few second delay, it is highly likely that they were there first.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

From the context I take that the other pilot claimed that he had been sitting there for about 5 minutes. This may be true, maybe not. In the end it does not matter, one should have been a gentleman and move a few meters instead of falsely threatening someone that he would be get banned for this. This has no place in VATSIM.

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted
I don't know how it works with flight gear, but keep in mind that at least with vpilot, it can take several seconds for another aircraft to appear in your sim. So if you connect and then see another aircraft appear in the same location as you after a few second delay, it is highly likely that they were there first.

It works exactly the same. You fire up the simulator before connecting, then when the connection is established, it takes a few seconds to download the positions of the other aircraft and inject them into the simulation.

What I do is check a vatsim map before connecting; if my current spot is occupied, I'll just move to a different one. It still happens occasionally that someone else spawns in the same location between me checking and connecting, but seriously, this isn't something I would ever make a scene about. An appropriate reaction would be more like "haha, look at that, we spawned in the same location, I'll just grab the next stand if that's alright with you".

23.png

Orjan Polman
Posted
Posted

I normally put myself at my preferred stand, go to outside view and then connect to the network.

After I am connected I usually wait for 10-20 seconds in outside view to see that the traffic is popping up.

Having a nice look around and also confirming that no one has spawned at the same stand as me.

This is done before I start with anything preflight related. Helps avoiding potential conflicts

Regards

Orjan Polman

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted

This point out that we need a tool which is able to indicate not only on the map but also on airport map where are connected aircraft prior to chose our own stand. For the moment we are able to see flying aircraft, but not the boarding or arriving ones.

Something which looks like flightradar24.com ...

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

You can certainly see where aircraft are parked in Flight Sim Commander

Regards, Rog Hanson

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Same on Aivlasoft efb.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Or, if you connect and someone's there, just move. (If they appear within moments of you connecting, they were probably there first.) Or if you feel like being stubborn, don't move. As soon as one of you pushes back, problem solved.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
This point out that we need a tool which is able to indicate not only on the map but also on airport map where are connected aircraft prior to chose our own stand. For the moment we are able to see flying aircraft, but not the boarding or arriving ones.

Something which looks like flightradar24.com ...

Or you could just get on with life...

Was pulling into my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned bay at Heathrow, already committed to the bay as I was too far in to change, and another aircraft popped up, I continued to park in my spot, completed my flight, unloaded the plane then disconnected, at no point did I or the other pilot, feel the need to message the other pilot and say "you're in my spot" (bazinga).

Instead of creating work for ourselves by developing apps, that wouldn't have worked in the above situation any way, maybe we can just stop being petty and precious?

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
Instead of creating work for ourselves by developing apps, that wouldn't have worked in the above situation any way, maybe we can just stop being petty and precious?

But that would be waaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy!

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Luckily with X-plane changing to another gate is quick and easy. No need to reload much.

ACH2118.jpg

• 1 month later...
Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
On 2/25/2020 at 8:44 AM, Robert Shearman Jr 1155655 said:

Or, if you connect and someone's there, just move. (If they appear within moments of you connecting, they were probably there first.) Or if you feel like being stubborn, don't move. As soon as one of you pushes back, problem solved.

Exactly! Thank you.

1.jpg

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

You can also check online time via VATSpy - whoever has been on longest is likely to have been there first.

Trevor Hannant