You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift Failed connection: Proxy Type Invalid

Furio Piscitelli 906673

Furio Piscitelli 906673
Posted
Posted

Hi

from 2 day I've the following error:

u6GWY4o

Connection Failed: 'The proxy type is invalid for this operation'

Never touch any setting. What's happen???

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

You could check if you have enabled a proxy in Windows. I have found those steps by using "windows proxy disable" (in a Google search) - no idea if you have a kind of proxy config which causes the issue.

Furio Piscitelli 906673
Posted
Posted
You could check if you have enabled a proxy in Windows. I have found those steps by using "windows proxy disable" (in a Google search) - no idea if you have a kind of proxy config which causes the issue.

Thank for suggestion. Finded the option "Use a proxy server" to ON; I don't know why suddenly is ON , I turn it OFF and now Swift work again.

Furio Piscitelli 906673
Posted
Posted
I'm glad it worked out!

Thank to you; but I've to do this operation any sigle time whem I want to start swift; the proxy automatically start itself active

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ok, this is something with Windows, probably with the latest update. You need to find a way to deactivate it permanently, but I will also report this on our swift Discord. You are welcome to join the discussion there!

https://dev.swift-project.org/w/contact/

Furio Piscitelli 906673
Posted
Posted

thank you for report it. Also I'm using (for you info) last ALPHA version.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The developers mention that you could add an exception rule for your proxy settings, although nobody knows why this proxy-issue happens this way to you.

You could consider to exclude the swift URL so it also works if proxy is "ON". -> last field, where *.local is shown

unknown.png

Furio Piscitelli 906673
Posted
Posted

Thank you for info. I will do it asap.

rgds