You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Communications

Morgan Davies

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted

This is not a question out of ignorance, but a genuine question, since I am just returning to VATSIM.

I am attempting to configure voice, using the communications system that was built into VRC, but found that the VATSIM voice servers were taken down in favor of Audio For VATSIM.

I was hoping that the built in communications within VRC could be configured as a backup to Audio For VATSIM, just in case things go awry with the latter.

I don't think it is possible to configure the cooms system within VRC at this point?

Thanks in advance.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
This is not a question out of ignorance, but a genuine question, since I am just returning to VATSIM.

If it's not asked out of ignorance, then you already know the answer, so then why ask?

I am attempting to configure voice, using the communications system that was built into VRC, but found that the VATSIM voice servers were taken down in favor of Audio For VATSIM.

I was hoping that the built in communications within VRC could be configured as a backup to Audio For VATSIM, just in case things go awry with the latter.

I don't think it is possible to configure the cooms system within VRC at this point?

You must use the new AFV voice system. The old voice system is still there in VRC, but most (if not all) of the old voice servers have been taken down. Even if they were still up, most of the pilot clients are set up to use only the new voice system.

In short, the old voice system is no longer an option.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted
If it's not asked out of ignorance, then you already know the answer, so then why ask? .

Good point

You must use the new AFV voice system. The old voice system is still there in VRC, but most (if not all) of the old voice servers have been taken down. Even if they were still up, most of the pilot clients are set up to use only the new voice system.

In short, the old voice system is no longer an option.

That's what I figured, but just wanted to check, would have been nice to have a back up.

Thanks for the reply.