You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Planes got all their lights on, always

Yannick Lang

Yannick Lang
Posted
Posted

I recognized that every plane got all their lights on, even when standing at the gate they have their Strobelights and Landing Lights on, is there a way to fix that? Everything else is perfect, like landing gear or flaps are working as it should be.

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Do you know how other clients handle this? My guess would be that light information is not sent with plane location packets, so there is no way for client to know what lights to show.

ACH2118.jpg

Yannick Lang
Posted
Posted

I never used any other programs than xPilot, but when I'm flying on other networks the lights are simulated. So it should be possible. If you are playing on X-Plane can you check if the planes around you have the correct lights simulated? Maybe it's not implemented yet...

• 2 weeks later...
Hamza Terfani 1398212
Posted
Posted

Plus one on this, its quite annoying to be sitting there at the gate with aircraft either side of you with full landing lights plus strobes on all the time, i have used X-ivap previously and it always seemed to work fine as lights would always show separately as the pilots switched them on. Personally i am really enjoying Xpilot as i think its very realistic but the models need improvement. I have previously tried swapping over the CSL with a different package but that doesnt seem to work as the aircrafts just disappear leaving you with just the Name tags.