You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Split COM1 and COM2 Audio

Joshua Katz 1262151

Joshua Katz 1262151
Posted
Posted

I need to have the ability to control volume of separate COM's

I'm using a real 737 ASP panel, is it possible to route COM1 audio to a different output to COM2?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It is not currently possible, though I do believe the AFV devs have plans for supporting that in the future. And I will need to update vPilot's UI to allow you to configure a different audio device per COM radio as well. Note that this will not enable your ASP to control volumes, this will only allow you to route COM1 and COM2 to separate audio devices. Being able to control volumes from an ASP is a totally different thing. That too has been discussed as a future feature, though.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joshua Katz 1262151
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the speedy reply Ross.

Out of interest, how is the fslabs a320 able to control volume of vpilot through their asp?

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Out of interest, how is the fslabs a320 able to control volume of vpilot through their asp?

We use magic

That only works though with vPilot volume in its entirety. As Ross has mentioned, the underlying structure needs to change first.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• 1 month later...
Thanny Davelaar
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2020 at 9:03 PM, Ross Carlson said:

It is not currently possible, though I do believe the AFV devs have plans for supporting that in the future. And I will need to update vPilot's UI to allow you to configure a different audio device per COM radio as well. Note that this will not enable your ASP to control volumes, this will only allow you to route COM1 and COM2 to separate audio devices. Being able to control volumes from an ASP is a totally different thing. That too has been discussed as a future feature, though.

Following!

Also very interested in the split audio channels of com1 and com2.

Greetz!

Thanny