You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot Freezes frequently

Reece Guttery 1477668

Reece Guttery 1477668
Posted
Posted

I am having xPilot freeze frequently. I will be speaking with ATC and then all of a sudden, they cannot hear me. I have to close the xPilot app and then reopen it and then ATC can hear me again. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It is happening with every flight. I am using the latest version of xPilot and xplane 11.

Any advice?

Baris Salcan
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue, need help

Luis Bernal 907119
Posted
Posted

Me too!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

What do you mean by “freezing”? Does the xPilot client itself freeze and stop responding? Or does the voice transmissions just stop but the client is still responsive?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Luis Bernal 907119
Posted
Posted
Me too!

I think I fixed it. I had xswiftbus folder still in plugins.

Removed it and its now working like a charm.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Halverson
Posted
Posted

I am having this issue as well. Xpilot will freeze about 5 minutes after opening. You can still receive voice, but not transmit. If you click into the program window, it will freeze and throw an error message that the program has stopped responding and needs to close. I initially thought it was because I still had the xswiftbus plugin still in the folder, but I have removed it and I'm still having the same problem.

EDIT 1: I was checking settings before reinstall and noted that the TCP port was set to 1. When I reinstalled, it was set to 45001. Doing some more testing.

EDIT 2: Uninstall and reinstall of Xpilot seems to have fixed it.

Logo.png

Jonathan Halverson (HS) - 1049778

BVARTCC - S3 ATC Mentor