You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connect multiple vPilot Remote Clients to vPilot Host

Peter Rosendahl 1130546

Peter Rosendahl 1130546
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am running a A320 homecockpit environment and would like to move the vPilot Window to a Windows Tablet (which is used for Navigraph e.g.). I understood the concept of vPilot Host/Remote but would need to connect 2 remote Clients:

[sIM PC]

- P3Dv4.5

- Intercom Software for Homecockpit

- vPilot Host

- vPilot Remote (for Voice Communication / working with the Intercom SW)

[TABLET PC]

- vPilot Remote (for Chat and Messages only)

This would give the advantage to not float the vPilot Window on the Main Screen in the Homecockpit and being more agile on the VATSIM Chat.

Thoughts appreciated!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do you really need to run a remote instance of vPilot on the sim PC? You can run voice on the host instance.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Peter Rosendahl 1130546
Posted
Posted

How can I run Host and vPilot Client at the same time? I tried out starting "Host-Mode" first, then "vPilot" and vice-versa, but vPilot/vPilot Host did not started. Any trick?

If this does not work, I would need to allow 2 Client-Instances (SIM-PC and Tablet).

The [sIM-PC] has 4 sound cards connected and a VirtualCable which interacts with vPilot. This would mean that the Tablet-PC needs to connect 4 USB-Devices which makes it a little less handy. D

More information about the sound configuration (which is quite common for a lot of HC pilots) can be found here (sorry in german) but will include pictures to make it clear.

httpsaviation.pero-online.dewordpressp=1559

This is not a killer feature-request but would be helpful for a lot of HC pilots.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Peter, did you see my question in my previous reply? I'm asking why you can't just run vPilot on the sim PC in host mode with voice.

Peter Rosendahl 1130546
Posted
Posted
Hi Peter, did you see my question in my previous reply? I'm asking why you can't just run vPilot on the sim PC in host mode with voice.

If I start "vPilot Host Mode" and click "Settings" it tells me "These settings must be configured on the vPilot remote computer".

And the vPilot Remote Computer (Tablet) just takes the Sound Configuration from the Tablet-PC.

Do I miss something?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

On the sim PC, you can run "vPilot Host Mode with Voice". Then all the voice comms will be handled on the sim PC.

Peter Rosendahl 1130546
Posted
Posted

Awesome. This should solve it. I test and come back to you!

Peter Rosendahl 1130546
Posted
Posted

Perfekt! Sorted out! Thank you!

I just wrote a short summery in german.

https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?p=2680

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Excellent ... thanks for reporting back.