You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice disconnected from server

Jelle Dikmans

Jelle Dikmans
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I use P3DV4.5 with Vpilot on vatsim but get allot of disconnects from voice server. Seems like that after +/- 30 sec of not actually using voice I get disconnected. My internet is working fine.

ERROR MSG

[12:14:29] Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Lost connection

Any idea's?

Jelle

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

It's a bit quicker to lose the connection than the main network connection so if there's any internet hiccup, you will notice it there first.

There is an update coming that will re-poll for a connection automatically. The standalone AFV client has it now, hopefully the pilot clients will get it shortly

Trevor Hannant

Jelle Dikmans
Posted
Posted

Hmm ok because this is not really working for me after a voice disconnection I have te re-connect to the network to get it working again for a short while…

Thanks for your info!

Jelle

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Yes, that's correct - that's why I said:

"hopefully the pilot clients will get it shortly"

The standalone AFV client (used by ATC) has it but pilot clients don't as yet.

Trevor Hannant

• 2 weeks later...
Bahram Kabiri 1392880
Posted
Posted

The update is out and you can download Stable version 2.4.4 which goes with automatic reconnection but I have same issue with no luck! I get exact same error as you did... interestingly, I have text-ability and can send texts to ATCs and other pilots while I have no connection to voice servers!

So do you have any suggestions?

I found the following in vPilot log file:

2020-03-21 15:57:54.6453 GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP)

at GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection.TaskVoiceServerReceive(Logger logger, CancellationToken cancelToken, ClientConnectionData connection, UdpClient udpClient, BlockingCollection`1 receiveQueue)System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP)

at GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection.TaskVoiceServerReceive(Logger logger, CancellationToken cancelToken, ClientConnectionData connection, UdpClient udpClient, BlockingCollection`1 receiveQueue)

2020-03-21 15:58:06.1152 GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection Lost connection to Voice Server