You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not receiving voice with speech recognition

Marco Harsono

Marco Harsono
Posted
Posted

Hi, as the title says I am unable to receive voice transmission on a frequency after I turned on speech recognition in Windows 10. The TX button lights up when I press the PTT but no receiving of transmission from others. RX button does not light up. It worked well a few days ago. Also, despite having no voice, text is still ok. ATC had to communicate to me via text, which is how I first found out about this problem. I don't have any messages from Vpilot, nothing like disconnected from the audio server or anything. It's like everything is normal but it's not because there's no voice. Also traffic were fine, I can see the AI planes all around me, it's just an audio issue.

• 1 year later...
David Howell
Posted
Posted

Hey Marco,  Now that VATSIM is encouraging seemingly both voice & text transmission for CTAF/Unicom,  I am researching if there are any applications that might take ATC voice transmissions (PTT) and convert the voice to text so the transmission can the be pushed or just pasted via the clipboard and entered t as a text message in vPilot; and came across this post.

So... i was wondering if you were trying to use Windows Voice Recognition as a means to convert your voice transmissions to text and put in vPilot?