You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Staff Needed

William Raymond

William Raymond
Posted
Posted (edited)

We are continuing our efforts to build the Caribbean region of VATSIM, known as VATCAR, and we are in need of the following help:

1. Good web designer with Php experience to develop and mainatain our web site
  2. FIR chiefs for Cuba and Haiti (see qualifications at web site)
  3. Events coordinator
  4. Controllers in general for all FIRs

Please visit our web site at VATCAR

Many thanks and hope you consider joining us

Edited by Guest

Bill

VATSIM Supervisor (ret'd)

• 1 year later...
Dennis Whitley 952478
Posted
Posted

William,

I tried the VATCAR link, but got a "page Not Found.

I would be interested in controlling in the Caribbean for a few reasons. I live on Grand Cayman Island, and fly for Island Air in the real world. Thus, I am familar with Caribben Operations. ANd about another 7000 hours in 727, 737, and various other.

I am currently Controlling Atlanta and Charlotte Approach as an S-3. I have 250 hour total ATC Time, with 90 as S-1 and 90 as S-3. I am waiting patiently to take the C-1 Over the shoulder, but I need 45 days as an S-3 as per The KATL SOP. I will be eligible for that on May 15th.

I wouldn't mind getting someting going down our way such as an Island Hoppping weekend, or a MIA MWCR MKJS triad!

Please drop by KATL most any night and listen in.

Thanks,

Dennis H. WHitley

WWW.VATUSA.NET Previous Management

New ATC Click Here

http://flightsimx.cyclops.amnesia.com.au/index.html

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Dennis,

The correct link is www.vatcar.org

From there you can get to the MKJK (Kingston) FIR and drop Nigel comemins a line. He can help set you up as a visiting controller to start with after which you can decide if you want a transfer. Of course you can also explore the other FIRs. Pedro Fernandez of Puerto Rico is now the new VATCAR director and you may also write him for further details

The staff at Kingston are quite a good bunch and you would enjoy working the Island hops with them.

Regards and let me know if I can help further

PS sorry about the original link I have fixed it

Bill

• 1 year later...
Theodore Palmer 909303
Posted
Posted

What post are still available ?

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Theo, the original post was back in 2005 when I was the VATCAR director.

I think Haiti still needs a chief. As for other VATCAR jobs I would suggest you write to Pedro or Daniel to see what other help is needed

Regards

Bill