You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to handle unused Vatsim accounts

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I read 22% of all active Vatsim accounts have never logged on to the network.

That is a huge amount!

Wouldn't it make sense to delete (or at least lock) accounts that haven't been used for x amount of time?

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

How is the reactivation done, just by a few clicks or is more required?

Thinking about all trolls connecting to Vatsim only to cause issues for others. And how it would be very nice with the new P0 requirements in place if former trolls won't be able to keep connecting to Vatsim using accounts they already created.

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Have you tried the URL? Just enter your VATSIM ID. It will then show you your status and if your account was deactivated you'd see another URL do re-activate it. It is very simple.

Back in the days when I was the director of VACC-SAG/VATSIM Germany, the information we had was that more than 40% of people who signed up for VATSIM would never ever connect to the network. This prompted us to start a campaign where we sent an e-mail to all new registered members of our region, providing them with step-by-step instructions on how to get started at VATSIM, to help them.

Richard McDonald Woods
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

I would doubt that many of the new VATSIM members would be unable to get started.

I would guess that it could only be determined by contacting each of them to help, but that is quite impractical.

Perhaps an automated email to warn of impending account closure might prompt a few?

We probably will never know! People are fickle sometimes.

Cheers, Richard

You are the music, until the music stops. T.S.Eliot