You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT can't be set on JOY after update standalone AFV 1.7.20

Ivan Duris

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

apologize for first, I didn't upgrade standalone Client from last 1.6.32 because was working ok to me till this time with minor problem (for first connection everytime not success but with second ok). Today after upgrade to 1.7.20 I saw:

My spec for sure:

XP11.41r1 on PC n.1

AFV Standalone Client on external NTB n.2 (working ok with 1.6.32 till this time) with set IP of Sim PC

1. problem to connect generally, simply again and again I had message to not connection to my Sim, after some time started working ok, probably some Server problem???

2. for sure I start check functionality of standalone app and found that mapping of PTT doesn't work now for my JOY, previously with 1.6.32 mapped ok button. This old Gamepad is connected to that NTB with AFV Client and hardwired to button to sim PC JOY, just for clarification, no problem with functionality. Only report to that not mapping PTT for JOY/Gamepad now with new Client. General key on USB keyboard working ok.

I must say I'm here after long time because all was working ok as I said, I just upgrade after that time because of message and I decide upgrade to new version. thnx for your work...

OM-ICO

Update: correction of old AFV client version

OM-ICO

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

eeeeeehm some update, really strange situation, reinstall to previous 1.6.32 and mapping of PTT also not functional, keyboard mapping working ok. No changes made on my NTB with OS update (win 7 Home x64), my luck is that reinstall doesn't delete previous cfg where my gamepad button was catched correctly. Very strange, this button working still ok now when I fly (thnx to previous cfg saved) but check with new mapping inside cfg can't be made again/remap. Maybe I try reinstall .NET again, try find where problem is.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO

Ivan Duris
Posted
Posted

Hello,

found that, I completelly deleted xml cfg file and now all is working ok from cfg window. Maybe recommendation that if user click Set new PTT, it can also map new again without delete previous cfg. But new issue (if I miss already this, apologize) with version 1.7.20, when some other station talk on freq (122.8 f.ex.) no name of station is show. I have now 1.6.32 and go after some time test this version. Thnx for understanding and your work for AFV.

OM-ICO

OM-ICO