You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Showing incorrect livery

Bradley Nairn 1233316

Bradley Nairn 1233316
Posted
Posted

Hey, my friend has x-plane and I have P3D V4.5. We were going on a flight fromKDCA yesterday and he realized that my airplane which was suppose to be an American Airlines A320 was actually showing a Bristish Airways A320. Is that a problem on my end or his end of the sim for it showing my incorrect livery? I also use FLAI traffic for vatsim. Can someone give me an answer please? Thank you!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

As long as you connected with an AAL callsign and A320 as your type code, then it's a problem on his end.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Brad,

on top of what Ross has mentioned, you can advise your friend to check his installation of swift to have a complete and correct model set.

I have created a number of tutorial videos on how to install and setup a good model set.

For him the videos Download and installation of BlueBell and X-CSL and Working with the Mapping Tool to create model sets will be of particular interest. Any doubts, we are glad to help out.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When I posted earlier, I saw that he was using P3D and mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that he is using vPilot, without noticing this post is in the swift forum. So there may be more to the story than just your callsign and type code, when using swift. Don't you also have a way to specify your livery when connecting with swift?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

No worries and I was happy to see you trying to help here as well!

Basically in swift users not only define a callsign before logging in, but they also need to define a type of aircraft and an optional airline livery (by ICAO code). Between two users of swift, the database codes of type of aircraft and livery are exchanged directly, for other clients swift has to guess the airline/livery from the callsign code.

image.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

So in theory, the OP might have specified BAW as the airline code, but I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that's not the case, as it would be obvious.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I think that his friend did not have an AAL A320 in his model set and swift chose an A320 with a paint-scheme from its existing set of liveries.

My guess is that his friend has got the BlueBell set installed, but not X-CSL. X-CSL does have two diferent AAL-liveries as A320, while BlueBell does not have them at all. The solution would be to also install the X-CSL and update swift's model set to display them.