You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CTP 2020 Bookings?

Joshua McCreary

Joshua McCreary
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I just went on CTP to book a slot, and there doesn't seem to be any left already, and bookings for EGCC have been opened for just over 2 and a half hours? is this correct?

Josh

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

Bookings were gone within ~2 minutes for each airport

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Some typically get dropped within the last 24 hours before the event. Or with a heavy dose of patience, you can fly in the event without a reserved slot.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted

I still plan on flying in it without a booking from VIE to either SFO or MIA. Controllers will squeeze you in like they always do. Not a big deal.

Eric

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Because even if the servers support it, the airspace probably doesn't

Me.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The bottleneck isn't the airports as much as it is Oceanic. There are not enough Oceanic controllers to increase capacity (some would say there are never enough Oceanic controllers, period! ).

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted
The bottleneck isn't the airports as much as it is Oceanic. There are not enough Oceanic controllers to increase capacity (some would say there are never enough Oceanic controllers, period! ).

Somehow every year we manage to stay in one piece... maybe it's the duct tape holding us together? cries in oceanic

Seriously though, there's been a perpetual need for more controllers for as far back as I can remember.

(https://czqo.vatcan.ca/dashboard/application )

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

How many RW furloughed friends can we find and train up quickly to work Oceanic?

Not meant to be a joke, though I really try to always have a good sense of humor. I feel horrible that our friends globally are being negatively impacted.

But I wonder if there is any opportunity here.... Would likely take some personal outreach from "friends and family"....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I think that you do have a point. You may want to reach out to those real pilots or people who know a bunch of them. The gentleman with the 757-simulator comes to my mind, for starters.

• 7 months later...
Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Something has come up and I am unable to depart CYYC to LSZH at 14h07z it would only be about 2 hours later.

I logged on to the dashboard and there is no button or anything to release my slot.

It would be a shame to let my slot go unused.

Can someone release my slot so someone else can take it?

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Marc Wheeler said:

Something has come up and I am unable to depart CYYC to LSZH at 14h07z it would only be about 2 hours later.

I logged on to the dashboard and there is no button or anything to release my slot.

It would be a shame to let my slot go unused.

Can someone release my slot so someone else can take it?

Slots have been locked during the night when routes have been finalised so we can send the pilots the emails and facilities a list of people (CIDs) with their slots and departure times. Things cant move after that, Im afraid as all of those have already been distributed.

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Nestor Perez locked this topic
Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Locked to keep all CTP Discussion in the main thread: