You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot and AFV

Martin Baker

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted

Hi. I've been using a combination of Vpilot and AFV, as the latter allows me to use both radios. Since the latest updates, the 2 seem to be in competition with each other, so AFV kicks Vpilot off voice, then vice versa. Is there a way I can use AFV without Vpilot kicking it off? (I've tried to find a way of disabling voice in Vpilot but can't see anything.)

Many thanks,

Martin

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Why can't you use both radios with vPilot alone?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure. Perhaps it's to do with the fact that I'm flying Aerowinx PSX using P3D just for visuals? M

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Ahhh since we added the auto reconnect vpilot is obviously trying to reconnect.

Ross, we have a standalone voice client for PSX which supports the multiple radios (including HF shortly) which is why PSX users are using that. In my setup I run vpilot in Host/Client mode and start neither with voice enabled.

Is it possible for standalone single instance vPilot to be started without voice enabled? If not this might be needed for PSX users.

(Martin, feel free to jump over to the aerowinx forum to discuss further if needed)

Cheers

G

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Is it possible for standalone single instance vPilot to be started without voice enabled? If not this might be needed for PSX users.

No, standalone always starts up voice. He'll need to run in split host/remote mode.

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted

No, standalone always starts up voice. He'll need to run in split host/remote mode.

Thanks Gary and Ross. Can you point me to anywhere that tells me how to do this?

M

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted

I've looked into this and it seems that a host/remote set-up needs 2 machines; I have only a single Windows machine (the others are Macs) so I guess this solution won't work for me?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I guess not. I'll add a command line argument that will run vPilot in standalone mode without voice. I'll let you know when it's ready and what the command line argument is.

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted
I guess not. I'll add a command line argument that will run vPilot in standalone mode without voice. I'll let you know when it's ready and what the command line argument is.

Fantastic - thank you!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

v2.4.5 is available now, which includes the ability to launch in standalone mode without voice. Just create a shortcut and add the -novoice command line argument. If you're not sure how to create a shortcut with command line options, there are lots of web sites with instructions. If you get stuck, let me know.

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted
v2.4.5 is available now, which includes the ability to launch in standalone mode without voice. Just create a shortcut and add the -novoice command line argument. If you're not sure how to create a shortcut with command line options, there are lots of web sites with instructions. If you get stuck, let me know.

That was fast - thank you so much for doing this, very much appreciated! Martin

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted

It works brilliantly - thanks again! M

Andreas Elesky
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

I installed this (2.4.5) update last night and I could connect and was connected to the voice server but could not transmit or text anyone. Is there a possibility that the no voice command line was installed by default? Where can I check to see if it was?

Thanks

Andy

Martin Baker
Posted
Posted
Hello All,

I installed this (2.4.5) update last night and I could connect and was connected to the voice server but could not transmit or text anyone. Is there a possibility that the no voice command line was installed by default? Where can I check to see if it was?

Thanks

Andy

I don't think so. If I start vpilot normally I get the usual voice connection. To get the no-voice option I added the command to my batch file and then the audio section is blanked on start-up. M

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hello All,

If you saw the message that you were connected to the voice server, then the novoice command line option definitely was not in effect.

You said you couldn't transmit or text anyone. What exactly do you mean by that?

marcus hudson 1310208
Posted
Posted

I have been using VPilot for years now but just today i click to start it it flashes up then disappears any suggestions

Andreas Elesky
Posted
Posted
Hello All,

If you saw the message that you were connected to the voice server, then the novoice command line option definitely was not in effect.

You said you couldn't transmit or text anyone. What exactly do you mean by that?

I got the prompt saying I was connected to the voice server and had the correct frequency tuned and when I hit my transmit they the transmit light would not work and the controller did not respond. I then .msg the controller and same, no response and no transmit light. I tried to contact both the center and approach controllers. I restarted the sim and vpilot connected to the server and got the same results.

Thanks

Andy

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you open the debug console (using the ".debug" command) and press PTT, does it show the PTT transitioning between true and false in the console?

Andreas Elesky
Posted
Posted
If you open the debug console (using the ".debug" command) and press PTT, does it show the PTT transitioning between true and false in the console?

Thanks, got it sorted. I had to completely uninstall VPilot and I downloaded from website and reinstalled VPilot and it now works. I did run .debug after installing and it's TRUE when I transmit and false when it isn't.

Thanks

Andy.