You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Deleting ASR views from Open SCT tab

Giovanni Tarar

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone!

I've been using Euroscope from a few months now and I'm slowly getting more familiar with all the various features that this software has to offer.

I'm recently having a problem in which I opened a few ASR views from my vACC, but after I closed them (F1+0 or Open SCT and CLOSE), the name stays there, and actually since I opened some (LIPZ_APP.asr) more than once it's also repeated.

Does anyone know how to remove them? I've attached a screenshot below.

Many thanks in advance!

asrissue.png

Firma Tarar.png

Wenjun Zhou
Posted
Posted

AFAIK the asr cannot be removed from this list once you open it, as this list should be something like "recently opened asr list". All opened asr files will be kept there until you quit EuroScope.

There's one more thing that when you press F1+num, the asr is gone, but it is not the same as clicking CLOSE on the list which will ask you to save the changes. This only makes the asr temporarily deactivate and you can restore it anytime by clicking it back from this list.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

If you are comfortable editing text files you can open the file in Notepad and delete all the lines beginning with 'RecentFiles'

The profile file is in your Docomeents/Euroscope folder normally. The lines will contain 'Recent1'..'Recent2' etc. Doesn't matter what order they are in or which, if any, you leave. Best not to do it while Euroscope is open.

Of course this doesn't delete the asr files themselves, just the link in the dropdown list.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much to all for answering!

Editing the prf file worked, the recent asr are now just the ones I need.

Thanks again for the help!

Firma Tarar.png