You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How CTP slots work?

Giovanni Tarar

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted

So I managed to book a slot for the CTP Westbound 2020, and it will be my first time crossing the ocean on Vatsim, so I wanted to better understand how slots actually work.

Can they be changed with someone else who is interested in mine while I would like to have his, or I would need to release the slot and hope that there are still some available for the route and time I would like?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'll be an ATC at one of the event airports and my vACC is still organizing the shifts, so I wanted to get a slot with a very late TOT, but I could find only earlier ones...

Thank in advance to anyone who answers

Firma Tarar.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

It's possible, if you have led a good, clean life, and don't have bad karma waiting to pounce on you, that if you and someone else mutually agree to swap slots, you can agree to a time to do it, drop your slots at the exact same time, and book the other slot within seconds. If you are (for whatever reason) unlucky, it's also possible that someone or some people could scoop up the slots before you can acquire the other, dropped slots (though, statistically, if you are executing this plan with the speed and efficiency of a Seal team executing a rapid, high intensity mission, less likely). So make a plan, think it through carefully, plan to get the whole thing done in a coordinated manner and in less than 15 seconds from the time you mutually drop your slots, and you probably have a good chance. Good luck!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted

I might disagree....5 seconds would be a more realistic reaction time in order to not having the slot taken by someone else

I was thinking to do as you said, but my concern was that there was a more direct way.

Anyway, thank you for your answer. I'll try to look for someone and see if they're willing to do so.

Is it allowed to ask for a swap on this forum? Just to make sure I stay legal

Thanks again.

Firma Tarar.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I'm not a forum admin but I don't know of any reason it shouldn't be allowed.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your help!

Firma Tarar.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Same. I would just advise NOT posting the actual time you wanted to do the swap on the forum....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations