You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot wont stop crashing!!

christopher cook 1478212

christopher cook 1478212
Posted
Posted

xpilot crashes every 20 to 60 seconds, by becoming unresponsive and closing. it does not create logs or anything about what happened. this is very annoying and im unable to complete flights. one day poor ATC controllers on frequency, it got stuck while I was making a transmition and my mic was kept open mind you I was on a discord call as well and I accidentally jammed the frequency. it was stuck with my mic open and I wasn't able to receive anything from anyone. since I was in xplane I didn't know it crashed till I realized it went quiet for awhile and I checked and when I had to force close it and restart it, they were so upset with me I had to disconnect for the day. I don't blame them.

xpilot wont stop crashing and I cant figure out why. my specs are really good, there shouldn't be a problem. other than my ram. but its just slow ram so it shouldn't be a problem. ive reinstalled and it still does this.

Carl Stoyan
Posted
Posted

Same problem. I can hear everyone but the interface greys out and program unresponsive. Does it after 1 to 3 minutes time after time. Very frustrating.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Lately my observation is that the crashes are often caused either by (a) mismatch between xPilot app and xPilot plugin version, resulting from updating xPilot while X-Plane is running; or, (b) conflict with another online network pilot client or an AI traffic generating plugin in the Resources/plugins folder. Can you verify that neither of these is the case?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 2 weeks later...
Linus Gustave
Posted
Posted

The same thing happened to me today. It continuously crashed, and I was not able to see my CSLs. 

Sean McCormack
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have the exact same problem which looks like has come about since one of the last few updates (since about the time that the release of 11.50b1 happened)

Both myself and 2 others I regularly fly with experience similar crashes since updating xPilot (not using 11.50).

Edited by Sean McCormack

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Cameron Weber
Posted
Posted

Same problem aswell.

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

same problem here and...