You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Show Louisville Some Love

David Stone

David Stone
Posted
Posted

Hello pilots. The Indianapolis ARTCC will be staffing up Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport KSDF on March 28th beginning at 1730z for 2-3 hours for a VA Fly In with UPSVAC.com. We will be fully staffed at KSDF as well as conducting as OTS exam on CTR, so why not plan on spending some time with us.

Look forward to seeing you there.

David Stone

Indianapolis ARTCC ATM

VATSIM Network Supervisor

18.png

• 1 year later...
Shane Watts
Posted
Posted

Hey David,  wanted to leave some feedback on one of your controllers I worked with today.  

I was (intending to) overflying KSDF enroute to Boston when I noticed that I was short on fuel... must have left the fuel cap off.  Anyway, I quickly began an enroute descent, checked the weather in Foreflight, and programed in a route to intersect with 17R at 10 miles.   All was going perfectly, until Approach privately reached out for me to contact them.  I did (and apologized for the late call).  Don (Phelps) radar identified me, got me on vectors for 17L, and even provided the localizer frequency (remember I had programmed everything for 17R).  

Don put me on a base, then a dogleg for 17L and cleared me for the approach.  I noticed I was overshooting final  on the needles and stated I was correcting.  His attention to detail made me realize that I had only typed in the new frequency, but hadn't activated it and I was still flying the ILS on 17R.  Rather than interrupt the approach, he was flexible enough to allow me to continue on the 17R ILS.    I would later find out that I could have saved myself a 42 mile taxi route back to the FBO for fuel had I landed on 17L as he cleared me.  

Anyway, I simply wanted to send kudo's for a job well done.  His phraseology was excellent and his controlling ability was spot on.  Nice Job!  Oh, and nice airport too.    

I'll be back,

Thanks,

Shane

David Stone
Posted
Posted

Shane, thank you for the words of praise regarding your service while flying into Louisville. I have shared your comments with Don. I do hope to see you back in the airspace again soon.

David Stone

Indianapolis ARTCC ATM

VATSIM Network Supervisor

18.png