You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't inject weather into FSX - v0.9.4

Michael Pike

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I have used the public alpha for a bit with complete success with FSX in both standalone and distributed modes. When I upgraded to the first public version of 0.9.4 I noticed the following symptom:

Launch Swift Launcher - click GUI (same machine and same machine as FSX.)

Click weather page.

Click Activate.

Swift displays the updated weather data and the message "Swift weather is on"

4 seconds later Swift closes completely with no error and the weather in FSX is not updated.

It seems to fail when injecting the weather but I can't find any error message to explain it. Is this a known issue? I have updated to version 0.9.4.206 today which has the same fault. Seems to make no difference if I use a default aircraft (C172SP) or whether I connect to VATSIM or not.

Meanwhile, I can continue to use 0.9.3 which works fine for me, including weather.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike,

thanks for reporting this. Just to be sure:

- you are using the 32 bit version of swift?

- swift only provides enroute atmospheric conditions (temp/winds aloft), no METARs/airport weather conditions

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Ah. OK I'd forgotten that. Yes 32bit version. The difference I noticed is that v0.9.3 gave me the correct barometric pressure in the sim according to the METAR. That was how I noticed the weather had not been set. For example, if I activate the weather before launching FSX (!), Swift says the weather is "on" and the button changes to Deactivate. If I then launch FSX, Swift stays open OK but I notice it hasn't set the pressure in the sim. So I click Deactivate and then Activate and 4 seconds later Swift closes.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 2 weeks later...
Leslie Brownsword
Posted
Posted
Real time weather not working with fs2004. CTD when activated. Real world weather has not worked in fs2004 for a few years . Apart from this swift seems to be working well.

• 5 weeks later...
Leslie Brownsword
Posted
Posted (edited)

SINCE SWIFT UPDATED I CAN NOW USE REAL WORLD WEATHER with FS2004 in Vatsim. Well done swift team.

Edited by Leslie Brownsword
  • Thanks 1

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like it's fixed for me in FSX as well (0.9.4.369). Thanks guys.

• Thanks 1

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK