You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

INBOUND AUDIO STILL NOT WORKING

Brandon Duncan

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to see if AFV codec issue has a potential fix date?

I have the latest version of vPilot that installed 2 days ago, my sim is FSX SP2, and when I transmit everyone on freq can hear me, but I still cannot hear anything nor can I receive ATIS (audio or text).

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

There is not a bug with AFV that needs fixing, 2600 people were on the network not having this issue over the weekend.

Are you sure you have your radios setup to receive, the right output device selected and no strange voice meter software incorrectly configured, are within range of ATC?

Thanks

Gary

AFV Dev

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted
There is not a bug with AFV that needs fixing, 2600 people were on the network not having this issue over the weekend.

Are you sure you have your radios setup to receive, the right output device selected and no strange voice meter software incorrectly configured, are within range of ATC?

Thanks

Gary

AFV Dev

Answers to your questions in the order you have them:

Yep. Radios properly setup to receive.

Yep. Right output device selected.

No voice meter software installed. Only running FSX SP2 and vPilot.

Yep. In range of ATC. Example: At KSFO and cannot hear GND controller on freq at SFO, COMM1 radio is selected in the flight deck, and unable to receive SFO ATIS.

Andrew Moran 1381658
Posted
Posted

I have just added VATSIM and vPilot. I cannot hear any voice transmissions at all. I am not yet using microphone. I do hear the sound of text messages coming through and I can use text.

Brand new set up.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Brandon,

I don't support you have the same issue as Andrew because you do not have a microphone device?

Thanks

Gary

Luca Azim 1483901
Posted
Posted

Hi Gary,

Have you made sure that the flight simulator volume matches your PC because I have had an issue where for some reason the outbound flight is fine but it then becomes out of sync after

I hope you're well and find a solution

Luca

Thanks and All the Best

Luca Azim 1483901

Please reply if you need

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted
Brandon,

I don't support you have the same issue as Andrew because you do not have a microphone device?

Thanks

Gary

Gary,

I have a USB headset that has a mic, and I have used it for years. It works in every other audio app that I have.

Please remember that before the new VATSIM codec everything worked just fine.

brandon