You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPILOT SUPPRESSING FSX SOUNDS

Burak Bugday

Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have an issue with vpilot where after a while it suppresses the sounds of FSX.

When this happens the sound of FSX and the a/c I am flying get muted completely and I only hear atc communication.

In the next few seconds when this is happenning atc sounds get broken and muted for a second or two before vpilot and fsx sounds return back to normal.

However after this I am no longer able to communicate with ATC as they only here static. I need to close vpilot and open it again for this to be fixed.

From time to time I need to close and repoen vpilot when switching frequencies as well as the next atc is not able to here me on the freq while there was no problem with the previous atc.

I am using version 2.4.6

Looking forward to your valuable [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance to solve this problem which is getting frasturating.

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

Turkish vACC Deputy Director

• 2 weeks later...
Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted

any help on this issue? It is still happenning 

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Try the volume setting I put in this older post - 

Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the suggestion however it did not help.

vpilot is still supressing FSX sounds after a while and after this supression my transmissions do not go through to atc untill I close and reopen vpilot. 

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

• 2 weeks later...
Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted

Any other sueggestions regarding what the cause of this problem can be and a solution? 

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

To be honest some of that sounds like the computer is short of resources.   You could try making sure you have fewer apps and programs running in the background and see if that makes any difference.   Also, is vPilot running in Admin mode ?   If not, change that too and see what happens.

Andrew

Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted

Hi Andrew,

It is running in admin mode. Actually it was not run on admin mode previously when I first started to experience this problem. However it did not change when I started running on admin mode

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

If you don't think there could be a resources issue with your PC, have you tried connecting vPilot to different servers to see if there is any difference ?   

Andrew

Burak Bugday
Posted
Posted

That was the first thing I tried thinking that it could be a server issue. The problem continues regardless of the server. 

I tried a clean installation as well. I also tried to connect my speakers through a diffrent port on the pc thinking it can be an issue with the speaker connection ports on the back of the pc. 

Nothing I tired so far solved the problem unfortunatly. 

I'm acutally short of ideas that can be a solution since I do not know the cause of the problem. 

Best Regards,

Burak Bugday - 983451

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

What is the spec of PC and graphics card ?  Is your headset usb or analogue ?