You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS2004 Closing FSUIPC error

Joshua Moore 1373183

Joshua Moore 1373183
Posted
Posted

hello. im asking for a friend. when starting up the SWIFT client, all looks normal. everything configured as it should be, almost identical to mine. I can run it fine. however once he starts the GUI, in the bottom left corner, it says "closing fsuipc 3.9.9.9" and the sim refuses to connect. i've never had this error and I cant figure it out. can you help?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Joshua,

I just had a support session with another member with similar symptoms. We are investigating, will let you know.

In the meantime, has your friend tried to manually connect FS9 to swift? When I start swift 32bit and FS9, swift also keeps telling me "closing FSUIPC". But I can connect FS9 to swift manually and the message stops. To connect manually, he needs to access the Multiplayer menu of FS9: Flights --> Multiplayer --> Connect . There should be a swift session in the list that he can join = connect FS9 to swift. Help page: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/swiftgeneral/fs9mp/

swift_FS9_connection_02.jpg

swift_FS9_connection_03.jpg

Joshua Moore 1373183
Posted
Posted

hello. so we went on via teamviewer and did that, however swift will not even show up in the multiplayer list. it starts but will not show any signs of connecting. just a constant cycle of starting and closing FSUIPC.

Joshua Moore 1373183
Posted
Posted

ok we got it working. just for kicks I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to the Program Files directory rather than Program files(86). that was the issue. after that we could connect manually perfectly fine

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Joshua,

thanks a lot for your feedback! I am glad that you got it working now.

I usually do not install SIM-specific programs on my operating system partition, but I have a dedicated directory on my simulator partition where I throw in all my addon programs for simming.

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Glad you got caught up on the limitations of Swift with FS9. Was pulling my hair out for over 5 months or more dating back to last fall. Fortunately Roland came on board yesterday, recognized the issue after repeated inquiries, and promised to make this work for us FS9'ers. Awesome!

Thank you sir for your help,

Michael

1.jpg

LucaJoe Azim 1484214
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I have an idea

Since many FS2004 scenery and aircraft packs work with FSX would you consider getting FSX?

It's 19.99£ , 24.99€ and 24.99$ on Steam

Hope you're well

Luca

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Hi there,

I have an idea

Since many FS2004 scenery and aircraft packs work with FSX would you consider getting FSX?

It's 19.99£ , 24.99€ and 24.99$ on Steam

Hope you're well

Luca

I said something to Mike about that months ago before realizing that he uses FS9 as a visualization tool in a full-scale 757 cockpit replica which relies on some of the 2D panel support that's no longer functional in more modern iterations of the sim. So upgrading software wouldn't be the trivial endeavor for him that it would be for someone playing on a desktop or laptop PC.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

Robert and LucaJoe, yes it would be a financial burden I'm not ready to tackle present day. At some point, a decision will have to be made I understand. X-Plane looks very rewarding. But so does the newest version MSFS which I'm eagerly waiting to see.

Robert, thanks for the nice and accurate comments.

Michael

1.jpg