You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cross the Pond Question about NATs

David Veksenfeld

David Veksenfeld
Posted
Posted

How are the clearances gonna work this year when there seems to be only two NAT tracks in use in the real world due to COVID-19? Either I'm seeing it wrong but when I go on skyvector I can only see NATA and NATZ. Most of us either use Simbrief or PFPX I imagine where they give us real world routes. How is it gonna work when there is gonna be a record number of planes on this CTP event?

If I'm viewing it wrong, someone fill me in please, thanks.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

In the past, the CTP organizers have had to add at least one "fictitious" track to the real-world published ones. Since all pilots with slots get emails with their precise routing just before the event, it hasn't been a big deal -- just a minor amount of confusion from a few who tried to validate those routes against the real-world resources and didn't see the footnote.

I'm sure this year will require some additional creativity on the part of the routing team, but, shouldn't cause too significant issues day-of.

Note that I'm not on the planning team myself; just my own speculation.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

For this edition, most if not all of the tracks will be invented. They're getting the arts and crafts out

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

David Veksenfeld
Posted
Posted
In the past, the CTP organizers have had to add at least one "fictitious" track to the real-world published ones. Since all pilots with slots get emails with their precise routing just before the event, it hasn't been a big deal

That sounds all good - except I didn't get a slot time, I was planning on departing and arriving on non-event airports because of this, so I'm not gonna get a route in my email. Should I just expect a briefing sooner than later with their new NAT tracks?

Thanks.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Same procedure as always; the non-event track will be published on the ctp.vatsim.net site the night before the event. Only this time, it may not correspond to one of Saturday's IRL NAT tracks.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png