You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot cannot load Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll

AbdulSami Khan

AbdulSami Khan
Posted
Posted

I just created an account and installed vPilot. Now it's telling me that Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll cannot load because it doesn't exist. I found it in the vPilot Directory. So what should I do?

AbdulSami Khan
Posted
Posted

Just to tell you: I use FSX:SE (Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What is the exact error that you're getting? A screenshot would be great.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

AbdulSami Khan
Posted
Posted

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I couldn't seem to add the screenshot here so here is a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z39bIbsO0kkh8APUMW9XdRoZ4-xdPENE

Thanks in Anticipation!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What flight simulator are you using?

AbdulSami Khan
Posted
Posted

I am using FSX:SE (Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The error says that Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll or one of its dependencies does not exist. Since you verified that Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll does actually exist in the vPilot installation folder, then it must be missing one of its dependencies. The only thing I know of that the SimConnect DLL depends on is the SimConnect library itself, which is normally installed as part of the FSX:SE installation. You could try doing a reinstall of FSX:SE and see if that fixes it.

AbdulSami Khan
Posted
Posted

Hello again! Thanks for your suggestion, but I didn't want to reinstall it. So I explored my folders a little and did this: FSX>SDK>Core Utilities Kit>SimConnect SDK>LegacyInterfaces. I opened all the folders and installed SimConnect.msi I then opened FSX and vPilot. It worked! Thank you for your help anyway!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ahh, good to know ... I guess FSX:SE doesn't always install SimConnect.

AbdulSami Khan
Posted
Posted

I guess so yea..

• 2 weeks later...
Rolston Audain
Posted
Posted

I really wish I could find a fix for this problem.  I am running FSX Deluxe on Windows 10 and having this same issue which means I cannot fly online.   Please help.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Rolston Audain said:

I really wish I could find a fix for this problem.  I am running FSX Deluxe on Windows 10 and having this same issue which means I cannot fly online.   Please help.

Did you read the system requirements and ensure that your installation meets all of them?

Rolston Audain
Posted
Posted

yes it appears I meet all of the requirements.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which version of FSX Deluxe are you running? (Acceleration, SP1, or SP2)

Rolston Audain
Posted
Posted

sp2 i believe how can I be certain?  Sorry I love flying but computer builds are not my thing. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure how to know which version you have installed. I bet you can find guidance on Google.

• 1 month later...
William Palgan
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone!

I am having almost the same problem right now. I have FSX SE without any "special" mods/addons on a Windows 7. I also got the error message that has been shown earlier so i tried installing simconnect manually. When i did that, somewhere half into the instalation i got a error message: "During the installation of "Microsoft.Flight Simulator.SimConnect.version=¨10.0.61259¨.type="win32".processorArchitecture="x86".publicKeyToken="67c7c1442d61b5b"there has ocurred an error. For more information visit help and Support."

I tried a lot of things that people were saying like restarting the computer, disabeling antivirus, etc. nothing worked. Suprisingly, i have been flying online with vPilot on a different computer (Windows 10) and everything worked perfectly from the beginning.

Any ideas for help?!?!?!

Thanks in advance, William