You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem with vPilot

Paul Rickard

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

Since the last update for vpilot, I am unable to enter model matching. Every time I enter anything aircraft from the cfg file after the title I would get:

"The specified default model for FSX was not found during the last scan of your installed models. Please enter a different default model."

It doesn't matter if I enter a default model or not. I still get the same error message. I am use FSX Steam and have both FSX and FSX Steam filled out with the aircraft after the title. I uninstalled then reinstalled vpilot and I still get the same error.

I went into the advanced settings of model matching and verified all the aircraft I have has been downloaded correctly. I still get this error. Now I can't go online with vpilot since I can't complete signing up since it won't accept any aircraft.

I also tried rescanning the aircraft. Nothing works. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Paul Rickard

• Dixon Mak

• Robert Shearman Jr

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 35 posts

• Paul Rickard

Paul Rickard 32 posts

• Dixon Mak

Dixon Mak 7 posts

• Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr 1 post

Popular Days

• Jul 4 2022

12 posts

• Apr 11 2020

8 posts

• May 5 2020

8 posts

• May 1 2020

6 posts

Posted Images

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

How many aircraft did it find for FSX, and how many did it find for FSX:SE?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

FSX I had 9.265 models, FSX-SE 9,955.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What are you trying to use as your default model for each sim?

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

A321 but it won't accept anything I put in.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What have you tried putting in? As per the docomeentation, it needs to be the exact string from the "title=" line in the aircraft.cfg file.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

I am using the exact name after title. I have used vpilot before and it worked. It's no accepting any aircraft at all what so ever.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What exactly are you entering?

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

I am entering everything after the "Title=".

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Please answer the question directly. What exactly are you entering? I am asking for a reason.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

I appreciate your help.  I have added some pics to better explain exactly what I'm doing and to answer your question.  How do you add attachments on here?  

I'm trying to explain this as clear as possible.  I click on vpilot to bring that up.  I fill out my vatsim id, password, name,  server,  and then I fill out the audio portion.  Then it comes to the default model screen.  I click on Model Matching (FSX-SE) then in Default Model box it shows: Airbus A321.  I go to my aircraft.cfg under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL.  I say pic..[fltsim.0]
title=PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets.  In the Default model box I replace Airbus A321 with PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets.  I hit Apply or OK and get the specified default model not found error.  I would love to add photo attachments if this site would let me.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Earlier in this thread you said you were trying to enter A321 as your default model, now you're saying you are trying to use a PMDG aircraft as your default model. (Note that using PMDG aircraft for model matching is a bad idea since they are very detailed and will kill your frame rates if you have a bunch of other aircraft nearby being rendered as a PMDG model.)

What happens when you don't make any changes to the default model (leave it as Airbus A321)? What EXACTLY does the error message say? A screenshot would be best. They just barely updated the forum software and it looks like you can add attachments now.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hi, Paul --

Perhaps it helps to give an example of what the default aircraft is for, so you better understand what is being asked.

What you put in that field is what vPilot will use to represent *another player* when that player's callsign and aircraft type don't match up with anything in your model library, according to the matching rules you've set. Let's say for example that you spawn in at an airport where a Virtual Airline is about to embark on a group flight. 25 planes all flying under "Shearman Virtual" (callsigns SVR001 to SVR025) are all there in 737s. Since your model set doesn't include a 737 with a livery for SVR, and your model-matching rules probably don't have a rule to account for SVR and match it to something, vPilot will just put up 25 of whatever your default is.

You DO NOT want 25 PMDG 737's generated, because when your sim does that, each of those 25 planes will include full interior cabins, full interior cockpits, and full aircraft systems. That's why Ross says it's an unnecessary hit on your computing resources. You don't need that. You just need an "AI model" -- basically a pretty shell with just enough detail and a few moving parts (flaps, gear, etcetera) to look good from the outside.

With that example scenario in mind, hopefully you now understand what Ross is asking and what the end goal is here.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted
I've always put my pmdg. CS, or Aerosoft title in. Never had a problem until this last update. I'll try AI aircraft.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you open up the Advanced section of the Model Matching settings for the sim for which you're having this issue (FSX, you said in your original post) and expand the tree to show the folder that contains the aircraft.cfg file that has "Airbus A321" as the "title" line (the default Airbus) and post a screenshot? Need to ensure that it is being found in the model scan.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted
Just now, Ross Carlson said:

Can you open up the Advanced section of the Model Matching settings for the sim for which you're having this issue (FSX, you said in your original post) and expand the tree to show the folder that contains the aircraft.cfg file that has "Airbus A321" as the "title" line (the default Airbus) and post a screenshot? Need to ensure that it is being found in the model scan.

Yes, I did go to the advanced section. On both FSX and FSX SE. And I did see the model for "AIRBUS A321" as well as every other model I tried to put but it wouldn't take. It is found in the scan.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

How about that screenshot? (Since the forums were migrated, you can now attach files directly to your posts.)

Edited by Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Paul, the order of posts in this thread got messed up when they migrated them to the new forum system, so if things are confusing, that's probably why. 😄

Here's what I need to know:

When you just leave the default model as "Airbus A321", and try to save the settings, what exactly do you see for an error? Please post a screenshot of the error message.

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

Pic1.png

Pic2.png

pic3.png

pic4.png

pic5.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you expand the "Model Matching (FSX)" section, then select Advanced, are you able to locate the Airbus A321 in the list of models that it found there? Should be under a folder called "SimObjects\Airplanes".

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

I used to be able to find it.  My vpilot has updated and I no longer get FSX-SE option under Model Matching.  Under advanced I no longer see any aircraft.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You're saying that after today's update, you only have "Model Matching (FSX)" listed in the left menu on the Settings window, and if you expand that item and choose "Advanced" there is nothing shown?

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

Correct.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Was there anything shown under FSX Advanced before the update?

Paul Rickard
Posted
Posted

Yes, all my planes, which were found in simobjects/airplanes.