You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

New requests

Miguel Frias

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Ok so for membership (division) we need them to be able to:

- access comments [to validate previous subdivision assignments and region movements)

- add comments [to report moving arounds or their denial]

For supervisors (VATSUP):

- access comments [to validate previous offenses]

- add comments [to report actions on users]

- suspend user [to effectively suspend users]

Divisions and supervisors must be able to see email addresses.

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted

I can add the ability to add and view comments, if you have the correct role. As far as getting the role, you're best contacting @Matthew Cianfarani to see if the token you have should have that role.

In the next update for the API, comments will automatically be added to a users profile if their rating or subdivision (or any future fields) are modified.

Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Joe VanMeter
Posted
Posted

Are there plans to include SUP and ADM times to the /ratings/{id}/rating_times/ call? I noticed they were not included in this but were available with the old idstatusrat. 

Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Joe VanMeter said:

Are there plans to include SUP and ADM times to the /ratings/{id}/rating_times/ call? I noticed they were not included in this but were available with the old idstatusrat. 

Added those fields for you. It will be included in the next update (sometime within 24 hours)

Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Would it be possible to make the stats page accessible via the/a API? At this moment run my own 'little stats page' for Dutch VACC controllers, but creating one point of truth would be much more convenient.

For my purpose I need the controlled hours per position, as well as the latest session per position. I can imagine though that different needs may arise.

Cheers, Martijn

Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Martijn Rammeloo said:

Would it be possible to make the stats page accessible via the/a API? At this moment run my own 'little stats page' for Dutch VACC controllers, but creating one point of truth would be much more convenient.

For my purpose I need the controlled hours per position, as well as the latest session per position. I can imagine though that different needs may arise.

Cheers, Martijn

Is rating_times not suitable for you? https://api.vatsim.net/api/ratings/1475625/rating_times/

Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ryan Bentley said:

Is rating_times not suitable for you? https://api.vatsim.net/api/ratings/1475625/rating_times/

No, I really mean hours per position. Like:

EHAM_DEL: 20:26

EHAA_W_CTR: 378:39

etc.

Mike Welten
Posted
Posted

@Ryan Bentley Is there also a command to get the previous rating, before I1/I3/SUP/ADM as a replacement of idstatusprev?

Thanks for your work and best regards

Mike

Kind regards, Mike Welten

Leader Technology Department. vACC Switzerland

Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike Welten said:

@Ryan Bentley Is there also a command to get the previous rating, before I1/I3/SUP/ADM as a replacement of idstatusprev?

Thanks for your work and best regards

Mike

I will add this within the next couple of days for you. I'll post in the changelog thread when that is done.

• Thanks 1
Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

• 2 weeks later...
Anastasios Mpithas
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your work in this excellent API.

Until now, subdivisions have no clue what their current members are (or if they have transferred etc.).

Can the rating_list endpoint/method be used by subdivisions aswell?

Anastasios Mpithas

Hellenic vACC member

C1/P1-2-3-4

Mike Welten
Posted
Posted

@Ryan Bentley I would also appreciate if the subdivisions could access a memberlist. That would really help to keep an up to date database.

I was also wondering if we could split the activity from the atc-rating so, even if the user is inactive, he‘s still listed with the correct former rating. Maybe implementing a new field inactive since (like suspensions) would be an idea.

Thank you for considering!

On 4/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, Anastasios Mpithas said:

Thanks for your work in this excellent API.

Until now, subdivisions have no clue what their current members are (or if they have transferred etc.).

Can the rating_list endpoint/method be used by subdivisions aswell?

• 4 weeks later...
liav ezra
Posted
Posted (edited)

would it be to create endpoint to sum the time atc connected for each position between 2 dated ?

for example:

from 01.01.2020 to 01.06.2020

LLBG_GND : 11:50 hours

LLLL_CTR: 50:46 hours

because in our division ATC controllers required to control few hours per moth to remain active.

this will make very ease on our controllers department, now days they are checking it manually.

Thanks.

Edited by liav ezra

Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, Mike Welten said:

@Ryan Bentley I would also appreciate if the subdivisions could access a memberlist. That would really help to keep an up to date database.

I was also wondering if we could split the activity from the atc-rating so, even if the user is inactive, he‘s still listed with the correct former rating. Maybe implementing a new field inactive since (like suspensions) would be an idea.

Thank you for considering!

Subdivisions can now access a memberlist, you have to have authorization from the subdivision director to have a token for this. You can ask them to send me an e-mail (in my signature) for this.

• Thanks 1
Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Mike Welten
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Ryan Bentley said:

I will add this within the next couple of days for you. I'll post in the changelog thread when that is done.

@Ryan Bentley Dear Ryan, can you already tell me when we can expect the update regarding the "previous rating before service rating" ? 

I would also highly appreciate if you could implement a inactive/active key instead of modifying the rating - If that is not a too big change to implement. Thank you very much!

On 5/25/2020 at 12:53 PM, Ryan Bentley said:

Subdivisions can now access a memberlist

Also highly appreciated - this will make the update process much easier! Thank you! Hope we get the token soon so I can implement this as well.

Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike Welten said:

@Ryan Bentley Dear Ryan, can you already tell me when we can expect the update regarding the "previous rating before service rating" ? 

I would also highly appreciate if you could implement a inactive/active key instead of modifying the rating - If that is not a too big change to implement. Thank you very much!

Also highly appreciated - this will make the update process much easier! Thank you! Hope we get the token soon so I can implement this as well.

So you want to have a flag for active/not-active instead of rating 0? Things like this are not possible at the moment due to not being able to alter the database schema until we've fully migrated from the old stuff.

Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Mike Welten
Posted
Posted

@Ryan Bentley Alright, then disregard the in-/active request. 

The only function missing for us at this moment will be the previous rating.
If you could implement that during the next weeks, I‘ll be more than happy... Thanks for your efforts Ryan!

On 4/17/2020 at 11:29 AM, Mike Welten said:

• 1 month later...
Mike Welten
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Ryan Bentley said:

Hello Ryan.

Can you already give me an expected date when you think this feature (previous rating, before I1/I3/SUP/ADM as a replacement of idstatusprev) will be implemented? 

Thanks a lot and best regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Ryan Bentley
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2020 at 2:39 PM, Mike Welten said:

Hello Ryan.

Can you already give me an expected date when you think this feature (previous rating, before I1/I3/SUP/ADM as a replacement of idstatusprev) will be implemented? 

Thanks a lot and best regards

Mike

This task is not possible until we are fully off the old system, as it requires rearchitecting some backend stuff. We are slowly moving towards this goal, I can see this feature being possible within 2-3 months. Will keep you updated on this thread.

• Thanks 1
Ryan Bentley
VATSIM Senior Developer
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo