You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPILOT BETA 1.3.0.0 NOW AVAILABLE

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.3.0.0 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• X-Plane 11.50 Support (implements Instancing API for drawing aircraft objects)
  • TCAS aircraft injected into default X-Plane map (CTRL + M)
  • Add option to change VHF equalizer
  • Plugin configuration moved to JSON format (config file now saved within the xPilot plugin folder). You will need to configure your CSL paths, etc. again.

Due to breaking changes with the Vulkan rendering, aircraft labels are not available in Vulkan mode. I do not know if or when they will be implemented. Aircraft labels will still work in the legacy OpenGL mode.

4/8/20: Hotfix 1 (v1.3.0.1) has been posted to catch an unhandled exception for users not running X-Plane 11.50 when xPilot tries to query whether Vulkan is enabled.

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

———

If you’re getting a “ Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.” error in the X-Plane log, make sure you have the latest C++ Redistributable package installed (x64 version). You can obtain it from the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Dani Aguado 1373579
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Updated using the autoupdater and now is not working on v11.41. Getting this error:

xPilot 22:50:08.978 [ERROR] XPDataRefs.h:477/logErrorWithDataRef: When setting up dataref sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver, the following error occurred: sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver not found in X-Plane's available Datarefs.
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

Is it normal it is not backward compatible? Should we move back to the old version if not using XP11.50?

Philipp Schatz
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

thank you very much for the update. Curious to see if the Instance API also benefits 11.40 with some minor fps bump skipping now each fps drawing.

I tried to start X-Plane 11.41 with your current update but it crashes at startup. The reason looks quite straight forward according to the log.txt:

xPilot 22:36:01.985 [ERROR] XPDataRefs.h:477/logErrorWithDataRef: When setting up dataref sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver, the following error occurred: sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver not found in X-Plane's available Datarefs.
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

--> Just saw that Laminar already updated the datarefs to 11.50. Looks like the dataref does not exist case does not get handled by your plugin and hence the crash.

Keep up the great work and thanks!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Oops. Let me work on getting a patch to fix this!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

v1.3.0.1 has been pushed to fix this unhandled exception.

Murat Sahin 1041978
Posted
Posted

Thanks for quick fix, but why i can't see the aircraft labels? Am i missed something?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Just now, Murat Sahin 1041978 said:

Thanks for quick fix, but why i can't see the aircraft labels? Am i missed something?

Read the release notes in the first post...

Murat Sahin 1041978
Posted
Posted

:oops: Thanks

Francisco Mladineo 1267187
Posted
Posted

Hello Justin , could you explain more carefully how to configúrate the CSL folder ? Thanks !

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hi Francisco,

In X-Plane, find the xPilot settings (Plugins > xPilot > Settings). It should open a window that looks like this:

Here you define your CSL model paths. You can choose to either install them in X-Plane 11 > Resources > Plugins > xPilot > Resources > CSL or in a folder outside of your X-Plane installation (such as in another drive). For example, if you install the BlueBell CSL models in the plugin CSL folder, you would put something like "CSL\BlueBell" as the first CSL package path. The BlueBell folder would look something like this inside:

If you wan to install the models in a location outside the X-Plane directory (like in another drive), then you must type the full path to the CSL folder (including the drive letter). Something like "D:\CSL\BlueBell"

You can read more about it on the xPilot documentation website: http://xpilot.clowd.io/docs

Hope this helps.

Posted
Posted

Thank u Justin, but the problem that I have is with the new update, my plugin disappear, and I don’t understand the steps that I have to follow to put again the plugin in my “plugin bar“ on x-plane and the CSL Carpet
Thank u!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Can you check the X-Plane log.txt file any errors with loading the xPilot plugin?

Posted
Posted

xPilot 22:49:16.713 [ERROR] XPDataRefs.h:477/logErrorWithDataRef: When setting up dataref sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver, the following error occurred: sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver not found in X-Plane's available Datarefs.
xPilot 22:49:16.714 [ERROR] XPilot.cpp:102/XPilot: Could not find 'using_modern_driver' dataref, most likely using an older version of X-Plane: sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver not found in X-Plane's available Datarefs.

i´m using the x-plane 11.41, not the .50

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Francisco, can you upload your full X-Plane log.txt file to http://pastebin.com and share the link with me?

Posted
Posted

Hello Justin! Is already fixed it ! Just had to restart my pc ! I’m sorry, and thank u so much for your help!

Fernando Mercerat
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin, 1.3.0.2 working fine for me with Vulkan, obviously not labels but everything else works great except one thing, it crashed several times when opening the X-Plane map. Not always but pretty often.

Here's the log of the last crash.

Thanks for your work.

https://pastebin.com/jNJabEXb

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Fernando Mercerat said:

Hi Justin, 1.3.0.2 working fine for me with Vulkan, obviously not labels but everything else works great except one thing, it crashed several times when opening the X-Plane map. Not always but pretty often.

Here's the log of the last crash.

Thanks for your work.

https://pastebin.com/jNJabEXb

Does it crash each time you open the map?

Try this: Remove the xPilot plugin (just temporarily drag it out if your plugins to your desktop; you can put it back later) and re-launch X-Plane. Does it still crash when opening the map? I just want to make sure it’s actually xPilot causing this and not an X-Plane bug. 

Brad Blatchley
Posted
Posted

After about 30 seconds of booting up in my 737, I am hearing what sounds like prop noises. This is caused by xPilot. Any ideas?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Brad Blatchley said:

After about 30 seconds of booting up in my 737, I am hearing what sounds like prop noises. This is caused by xPilot. Any ideas?

xPilot does not inject any sounds... What version of X-Plane are you using?

Brad Blatchley
Posted
Posted

X Plane 11.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Brad Blatchley said:

X Plane 11.

What version in particular? Are you running the stable 11.41 or the new 11.50 beta...?

Brad Blatchley
Posted
Posted

11.41r1. Meanwhile, is there a link to reinstall an older version that worked well?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Brad Blatchley said:

11.41r1. Meanwhile, is there a link to reinstall an older version that worked well?

I'm afraid I don't have a solution for the "prop sounds" you're hearing. Other than that, what isn't "working well" for you?

Brad Blatchley
Posted
Posted

Just the sounds, otherwise works well.

• Justin Shannon locked this topic
  • Justin Shannon unpinned this topic