You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPILOT BETA 1.3.0.2 NOW AVAILABLE

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.3.0.2 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• Fix character encoding of log file entries
  • Fix issue that caused font artifacts in the Settings Window if the xPilot plugin was disabled and re-enabled through the plugin manager

For additional information related to the 1.3.0.X release of xPilot, please see this thread: 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much!

Stephen Calderhead
Posted
Posted

[Resolved]

Hi Justin

Can I install xpilot despite having 2 versions of xplane installed - 11.41 and 11.50 beta?

Can the software deal with having to use 2 different plugin folders?

Just to add - On my Beta version, I can connect, TX and RX but cannot see other aircraft.

It seems the plugin (although installed in the relevant folder) will not load during startup. (I cannot see xpilot on the plugin list of xplane)

Im getting this error in the log.txt but this has been working until the latest update.

C:\Users/steph/Desktop/X-Plane - Beta/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.

[Resolved - Updated C++ - We're now up and running]

Cheers

Giulio Contardo 914284
Posted
Posted

Hello, I updated today to the new xpilot beta 1.3.0.2 version, but the plugin doesn't work no more :cry:
I run XP11.41 version and the log.txt files says:
"L:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl : Error Code = 126 : Impossible to find the specified module."
What can I do to fix it?
I already try to move out the plugin from the Xplane plugins folder, I had uninstall the software, than I downloaded it again and have installed it, but it not solve...

kostas kiriakou 1449023
Posted
Posted

There is a bug for version 1.3.0.2 for xplane 11.41. there is not in the Plugins of xplane the xpilot

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Giulio Contardo 914284 said:

Hello, I updated today to the new xpilot beta 1.3.0.2 version, but the plugin doesn't work no more :cry:
I run XP11.41 version and the log.txt files says:
"L:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/win_x64/xPilot.xpl : Error Code = 126 : Impossible to find the specified module."
What can I do to fix it?
I already try to move out the plugin from the Xplane plugins folder, I had uninstall the software, than I downloaded it again and have installed it, but it not solve...

Do yourself (and myself) a favor and read the release notes post...

Jonathan Girard 1100903
Posted
Posted

Hello, perhaps this isn't the best place to post this but I am wondering if it is a known bug that the xPilot plug-in is not even visible in X-Plane 11.50b2. I have completely removed the plugin from the X-plane folder and done a fresh install of xPilot (1.3.0.2). Thanks for the help in advance!

• Matt Bozwood-Davies pinned this topic
Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Read this: 

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of Michael Ortins 1373211

Hi Justin!

Maybe I'm missing something but with 11.50b2 xPilot keeps freezing every so often, requring me to force close and then reconnect to the network to continue my flight. I didn't see anything in the XP logs that looked like an outright error or in the xPilot logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of Jack ODriscoll 1484230

I have updated to version 1.3.0.2 since doing so I cant see the aircraft or call signs. I am running x-plane version 11.41. Xpilot does not show up on the plugin list. I am guessing it could be that this version 1.3.0.2 is for x-plane 11.50 Vulkan and is no there is no support for version 11.41 of x-plane. Is there any way I can get an older version of xpilot. I tried uninstalling xpilot and downloading it again but it didn't work. I can hear the radio.

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking this post has the answer to your question, says something about x-plane must be closed or the plugin won't update?

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Matt Bozwood-Davies said:

Hi Justin!

Maybe I'm missing something but with 11.50b2 xPilot keeps freezing every so often, requring me to force close and then reconnect to the network to continue my flight. I didn't see anything in the XP logs that looked like an outright error or in the xPilot logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Think I fixed my own issue! I removed the plugin and redid the install, all seems to be well now :)

David Garrison
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your hard work! Really enjoying xPilot.

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

Running xPilot 1.3.0.2 with XP 11.50b3 (and earlier), XP crashes on close down. log.txt indicates that xPilot plugin is the cause. Other plug-ins are closing correctly.

Kai Schuele
Posted
Posted

hi,
yesterday I installed the new version 1.3.0.2.
X-pilot connects with Xplane but it breaks down after 2-5 minutes. I cant see other planes at all.
I use Xplane version 11.41 and Windows 10.
Can anyone help me ?!
kind regards
Kai

Philipp Schatz
Posted
Posted

@Kai Schuele: please download and install the most current C++ Redistributable from Microsoft... And please next time guys, read the other posts as well before posting - there are so many double posts here. It`s crazy!

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

Kai, xPilot 1.3.0.2 works with XP 11.50beta not 10.41. You also need to set up you model matching again. Read release notes

Kai Schuele
Posted
Posted

Hi Phillipp,
thanks for your help, the Xpilot doesnt break down anymore, but I still cant see other planes from other users and I cant open the plug-in settings option in the game. Can you help me with that aswell?
thanks in advance
Kai

Peter Walbroehl
Posted
Posted

First of all many thanks for the very good plugin.
In version 1.3.0.1 and 1.3.0.2 I very much like the planes and the labels after installation.

When I restart XPLANE 10.50b2 or b3 the "Show Aircraft Labels" button has disappeared.

This error is reproducible.

The airplanes are visible without labels and ATC is also there.

Is there an explanation for this.

a3g Peter

Hamza Terfani 1398212
Posted
Posted

:D

Thomas Woodall
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am having problems filing flight plans since this new version came out. ATC are unable to see them?

I concede this may be user error but I'm not doing anything differently to before. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

Edited by Thomas Woodall

Felipe Vicini
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is this version not compatible with 11.41?

Edited by Felipe Vicini

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Thomas Woodall said:

I am having problems filing flight plans since this new version came out. ATC are unable to see them?

I concede this may be user error but I'm not doing anything differently to before. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

Nothing has changed with respect how flight plans work. The only change was in the plugin to support Vulkan. 

Are you receiving any error messages when you try filing them?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Felipe Vicini said:

Is this version not compatible with 11.41?

I’ve tested it with 11.41 without and problems. What are you having trouble with?

Felipe Vicini
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

I’ve tested it with 11.41 without and problems. What are you having trouble with?

CTD shortly after connecting. I'll try a fresh install when I get home. 

Edit: It's actually not a CTD but a sim lockup. I'll try and recreate and post my l. 

Edited by Felipe Vicini

• Justin Shannon locked this topic
  • Justin Shannon unpinned this topic