You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

1.3.0.2 XPILOT - CRASHING WHEN CONNECTING (CSL ISSUE)

Kurt D'Amico

Kurt D'Amico
Posted
Posted

Good Evening,

I have installed the new and updated Xpilot V1.3.0.2 however I am having problems with the following error.

xPilot 20:32:17.996 [ERROR] XPDataRefs.h:477/logErrorWithDataRef: When setting up dataref sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver, the following error occurred: sim/graphics/view/using_modern_driver not found in X-Plane's available Datarefs.

Before anyone answers, yes i have seen the updates on this forum already however it seems the new update hasn't fixed the problem for me.

After 3 re-installs and Installs later I did some more investigation.

I am currently trying to connect in the SEL Saab 340 - Xplane 11 (non Vulcan) when I dont have CSL's within the CSL folder the xpilot connects and works no problems. As soon as i put CSL's into the CSL folder and try to connect the Sim crashes.

Secondly, I tried loading in with the default C172 with the CSL packages installed. This worked no problem and I could change to the Saab 340 whilst still being connected and this worked also. However I got to the departure and the sim crashed out again with the same error as above.

I then deleted all CSL packages and freshly downloaded the Bluebell CSL package online. This was unsuccessful also with the same error as above.

I hope the information above helps at all but i currently cannot fly the Saab 340. I am yet to fly any other aircraft however.

Would love a response soon.

Kind Regards,

Kurt D'Amico

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Please upload the entire contents of your X-Plane log.txt (capture it after the crash occurs) to https://pastebin.com/ and share the link here for me to review.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Kurt D'Amico
Posted
Posted

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I'm not seeing anything in the logs that would suggest a crash. Are you sure this the entire log?

And what crashes exactly? X-Plane? xPilot? Both?

Kurt D'Amico
Posted
Posted

Hi There,

Yes this is the entire log.

Xplane is crashing to Desktop as soon as I click 'Connect' on vatsim.

Kind Regards,

Kurt D'Amico

Kurt D'Amico
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I suspect it is the CSL's I am using. As soon as i remove them and connect it works no problems. Must be a corrupt file somewhere so i shal re-download them today and advise if that has fixed the issue.

Thanks for all your help thus far :)

Kurt D'Amico
Posted
Posted

Still have the issue.

https://pastebin.com/44iCHn67

Here is the new Log.

Greg Barber
Posted
Posted

Fixed. Operator error.

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Just now, Greg Barber 903254 said:

Fixed. Operator error.

Did you help Kurt? What was the resolution to his problem?

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of Stuart Payne 1478873

Can you highlight how you fixed this because I’m getting the same errors and have tried everything I can possibly think off

• 4 weeks later...
Greg Barber
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in checking back here.

An update to XPilot had firstly cleared the Path to CSLs in the options and when I re-set it up there were some changes to how the path was read.

I had originally used \'s in the path and never had an issue with a previous version, but the latest update seemed to want /'s.  Also the path no longer accepts spaces (if you enter them in they are removed when you load the CSLs.  This was never a problem before either and required me to rename the folder I had the CSLs in.

I have now rolled back to 1.2.1 beta as I am not using vulkan yet.

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards