You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xpilot Cannot Lauch xPilot

• error
  • help

Shayaan Ahmed

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted

Hi, after the recent xPilot update, it now doesn't launch and comes up with the error on the screenshot below. Have tried to reinstall however, same thing still occurs. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Many Thanks,

Shayaan Ahmed

xPilot Error.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Shayaan Ahmed said:

Hi, after the recent xPilot update, it now doesn't launch and comes up with the error on the screenshot below. Have tried to reinstall however, same thing still occurs. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Many Thanks,

Shayaan Ahmed

xPilot Error.png

Shayaan, please give this installer a try: http://xpilot.clowd.io/installers/xPilot-Setup-1.3.0.2b.exe

Make sure you have X-Plane and xPilot completely closed before installing.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Shayaan, please give this installer a try: http://xpilot.clowd.io/installers/xPilot-Setup-1.3.0.2b.exe

Make sure you have X-Plane and xPilot completely closed before installing.

Hi, thank you. This worked, so now I can open xPilot and connect, however it keeps on disconnecting and even when it is, I cannot see any other aircraft whatsoever. This wan't a problem on the older versions of xPilot.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Shayaan Ahmed said:

Hi, thank you. This worked, so now I can open xPilot and connect, however it keeps on disconnecting and even when it is, I cannot see any other aircraft whatsoever. This wan't a problem on the older versions of xPilot.

Does xPilot show up in X-Plane under the plugin menu?

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Does xPilot show up in X-Plane under the plugin menu?

Yes it does, X-Plane > Resources > plugins > xPilot

The first thing I though was that the CSL may have been installed incorrectly, however, after downloading it again, and replacing problem still persists. My other thought was that XSquawkBox was installed however I doubled checked and I uninstalled it a while back. Any other ideas? Thanks id advance.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Shayaan Ahmed said:

Yes it does, X-Plane > Resources > plugins > xPilot

The first thing I though was that the CSL may have been installed incorrectly, however, after downloading it again, and replacing problem still persists. My other thought was that XSquawkBox was installed however I doubled checked and I uninstalled it a while back. Any other ideas? Thanks id advance.

Have you made sure your CSL paths are defined in the xPilot settings (in X-Plane > Plugins > xPilot > Settings)?

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Have you made sure your CSL paths are defined in the xPilot settings (in X-Plane > Plugins > xPilot > Settings)?

Yep, double checked this, it has the correct place defined.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

What exactly is “disconnecting”? Is the xPilot client losing connection to X-Plane? Or the Vatsim network?

Can you upload your NetworkLog and PluginLog (found in the xPilot app directory %localappdata%\xPilot) and X-Plane log.txt after one or several disconnects occur?

Edited by Justin Shannon

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

What exactly is “disconnecting”? Is the xPilot client losing connection to X-Plane? Or the Vatsim network?

Can you upload your NetworkLog and PluginLog (found in the xPilot app directory %localappdata%\xPilot) and X-Plane log.txt after one or several disconnects occur?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have attached the Network Logs & Plugin Logs. It says "The server has failed to respond to the authentication challenge".

NetworkLog-20200411223558.log NetworkLog-20200411224253.log NetworkLog-20200411224321.log PluginLog-20200411223559.log PluginLog-20200411224253.log PluginLog-20200411224322.log

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Have you tried connecting to a different server? That message suggests that data is being lost (or delayed) in the connection between your computer and the VATSIM server.

• Thanks 1

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Have you tried connecting to a different server? That message suggests that data is being lost (or delayed) in the connection between your computer and the VATSIM server.

Hi, thank you very much for your help, seems to be working fine now. Will do a full flight in the evening will let you know what happens!