You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot transmit on vPilot

Sam Roberts

Sam Roberts
Posted
Posted

I have my mic calibrated and a PTT set up, when I tune into any frequency I can receive everything but I am unable to transmit. The TX box even lights up when I PTT but the controllers here nothing... any advice would be great! I am running P3D V4.4 and the latest version of vPilot which is in administrator mode along P3D.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Have you looked through the vpilot support forum to see if there is a similar issue?

https://forums.vatsim.net/forum/329-vpilot/

In vpilot on the audio tab, when you talk do you see the speech bar moving? 

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Sam Roberts
Posted
Posted

I've had a look at a number of posts. On the Audio tab I can see the speach bar moving in the green so my mic is calibrated, I've also tried the windows voice recorder so I know the mic is 100% working.

Not sure what else I can do.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

If the TX indicator lights up and it recognizes your mic, I'm not sure what would be wrong. Are you sure you're transmitting on the right frequency (COM1 and not COM2)? Can you send a screenshot of the window?

Also, I moved your topic to the vPilot section, as that is the correct place to post. 🙂 Someone will probably respond soon!

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Gabriel Neves
Posted
Posted (edited)

My problem is almost the same, my Vpilot recognises my voice transmission only when I press my PTT button in Vpilot window. If I press my PTT button when I'm in the FSX window, i can't transmit nothing, I just hear the ATC and traffics. 

Someone has an answer for that?

Edited by Gabriel Neves

Andre Bohni
Posted
Posted

This sound like FSX is running in Administratormode and VPilot not. Then when an Window in Adminmode has Focus, only the other Programs who run in Adminmode will recognize that Keypress.

So the Solution would be to run VPilot also in Adminmode.

Regards André

eddk,lsas,vatgerfb,vatgercpt,worldflight,euroscope,vatoic,fsrealwx.jpg1178638.png

• 8 months later...
Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

I have the exact same problem. Running admin mode in both P3Dv5 and vPilot. PTT works. vPilot hears my voice, but no one else does.  Really frustrating.

Bob Klemm

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Exempted vPilot in my AV, and it works again. Funny thing is, unlike Swift, if I set Comm 2 to the same freq and Comm 1, and transmit, I can't hear myself. But, all is good. 😉

Bob Klemm

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Something is still amiss, then.  Setting both COM frequencies to the same channel, ensuring your radio stack (and vPilot) reflect that you are monitoring both COM1 and COM2, you should hear yourself when transmitting.  Of course it's easy to say, "hey, it worked, why question it" but it might be worth additional investigation to prevent future frustration. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Yes, here too. It worked that one time, but the next time I flew online, unable to transmit voice again. Something is definitely amiss.  Very frustrating.

Bob Klemm

• 2 months later...
John Devonald
Posted
Posted

I had same issue noted above (multi devices working in Windows, in FS 2020 could hear live, but could not transmit, although TX button did illuminate).  Bob Klemm had the answer that worked for me - although took me a few to figure out that he meant "Anti Virus" when saying AV LOL).  I went into my Firewall settings, added VPilot to my "allow" list, and immediately started working.

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Turns out it works ONLY when the V-Pilot window is open. When it's minimized, no one can hear you.  That's why it was working one time, and not another. Is there a fix for that.  And this is using P3Dv5

Bob Klemm

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@Bob KlemmBob, I've ever only heard that issue when either the sim or vPilot was *not* being run as Admin.  I know you said they both were, but can you double check that?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

I installed the latest version, and made sure that it's set to run as administrator.  So far so good.

Bob Klemm

Darron Hedge
Posted
Posted (edited)

Cant transmit or receive on any frwquencies on vpilot with new Aerosoft CRJ700/550ER.  Can change freqencies, press ident but nothing can be heard/ spoken.  Every other plane I have works fine on vpilot.    I have latest version 2.8.1 and tried as administrator - nothing.  

Edited by Darron Hedge

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

A lot of payware aircraft have transmitter and receiver selection functionality that most pilot clients respond to. To put it a different way, are you sure that you have a transmitter selected in the aircraft itself? Usually somewhere on the center pedestal there should be a small audio selection panel where you would select where the aircraft mic is to be routed: COM 1, COM 2, PA, etc. Make sure you have either COM 1 or 2 selected.

• 2 weeks later...
Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Started doing it again. No one can hear my transmission. Running as administrator every time. It was working fine until yesterday. Same aircraft, etc. Comms 1 and 2 are selected. Works with Swift, but not Vpilot. PMDG 747, 777, QW 787 and CS 757.

Bob Klemm

• 10 months later...
James Robbins
Posted
Posted

I’m having the same problem as the rest in this thread. Was happily using vatsim with vpilot client prepar3d version 4 many times. I changed nothing and one day unable to transmit. Carrier only. Txt highlights but nothing heard. I tried all combinations of user admin and not admin. No joy. I uninstalled and reinstalled. No luck. The headset I have works with other uses.  Very frustrating, as i really enjoy using and being part of the wonderful vatsim community.