You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

[New SSO] VATSIM Connect Update

Zach Biesse-Fitton

Zach Biesse-Fitton
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

VATSIM Connect is now running in full release. If your organisation is currently using the original VATSIM SSO, we strongly suggest to implement the new OAuth2 SSO system. A changeover process will be announced at a later date.

The system is available at: http://auth.vatsim.net/

We usually approved organisations with 24-48 hours.

Documentation can be found at: https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki/Connect 

(links to integration repositories are being added as they become available)

Questions can be added into the following forum: 

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Zach Biesse-Fitton
VATSIM Developer and Supervisor | VATPAC Division Director

vatSys Development Team

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Managed to implement OAuth2 with no problems. Able to use the only [?] call available which is https://auth.vatsim.net/api/user   only for my own user

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Wildan Gunawan
Posted
Posted

I think it will be better if displayed organization name to be Display Name that we set when we're registering the application instead of the identifier. I thought that the identifier is a key that we used in old SSO.

gambar.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Yep, that's a bug. Adding it to the list of things to be fixed.

Me.

Harrison Scott
Posted
Posted

Hi @Wildan Gunawan,

The authorisation page has been updated to utilise the display name of the organisation. Additionally, the issue with the checkboxes has been rectified.

If you have any further issues just let us know,

Cheers

Harrison

Harrison Scott
VATSIM Web Developer
Director Operations, VATSIM Australia Pacific
[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Blake Nahin
Posted
Posted

It seems that after redirecting back from VATSIM, if successful, the return URL does not include the state parameter. It only has code. The state parameter is only included if access is denied.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Blake Nahin

VATUSA Data Services Manager

https://vatusa.net

George Enciu
Posted
Posted

Is there a way to find out who registered an organisation? I was trying to register our vACC with Display Name "VATSIM Romania" and Identifier " ROvACC" and i got the message that the names are already taken. Neither me nor the division director registered it.

Call me clear of weather!

ACCRO2 - ROvACC Deputy DIrector

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, George Enciu said:

Is there a way to find out who registered an organisation? I was trying to register our vACC with Display Name "VATSIM Romania" and Identifier " ROvACC" and i got the message that the names are already taken. Neither me nor the division director registered it.

Yep, contact us at web(at)vatsim.net and we'll sort it out for you!🙂

Me.

• 6 months later...
Steven Fauconnier
Posted
Posted

Anyone implemented this on an SMF forum yet?

Belux vACC Director (ACCBE1)|Mail: steven.fauconnier(at)beluxvacc.org

------------------

ATSimTest Lead - VATSIM Europe Division |Mail: steven.fauconnier(at)vateud.net

• 2 weeks later...
Liam Pickering
Posted
Posted

Morning,

It seems that Github link for documentation is dead. Mind posting a new one?

Cheers

Liam Pickering

Jordan Jolenaar
Posted
Posted
On 6/8/2021 at 3:06 AM, Liam Pickering said:

Morning,

It seems that Github link for documentation is dead. Mind posting a new one?

Cheers

Hi Liam,

I've updated the link, you should be able to see it now. Thanks for letting us know

• Thanks 1
Jordan Jolenaar 
VATSIM Senior Developer     
VATSIM Network Supervisor  
##  [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net

MeyrHZn.jpg

• 2 months later...
Kyle Porter
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm developing an application that includes VATSIM Connect integration. I've had a working live demo for a few months now that included SSO via the dev environment endpoint. In the last few days, my login sequence mysteriously broke without any changes on my end. I noticed that my client ID was deleted from the server (I registered a new one - no problem), but now I'm getting 400 bad request errors with a reply message "{"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"Invalid content type. Must be \"application\/x-www-form-urlencoded\"."}" Did something on the dev server change? Can someone confirm that the dev endpoint is currently operational? I've confirmed on my end that my POST request is indeed sending a content type header of application\/x-www-form-urlencoded. Again, this was working just fine last week and for some reason it's broke today. Any help would be appreciated.

Kyle

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Kyle, see the following thread:

I can confirm that you are indeed not setting the Content-Type header to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", as it is a simple string comparison in the server, and there is still plenty of requests coming through which get a valid (200) response.

This "worked fine" because the server was not fully compliant with the OAuth2 spec and accepted more formats than the spec defines, which is obviously not how it should be. These changes you're seeing are part of a whole rewrite of the authentication system to make it fully OAuth2 compliant.

Me.

Kyle Porter
Posted
Posted

Thanks Nestor - I appreciate your reply. I was able to rebuild my POST string in compliance with the standard and I'm back up and running. Just couldn't figure out why it was working well last week and then broken without explanation. I appreciate your help!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear! That's why we're running it in dev before pushing it to prod, so we know where people will need to be helped/warned the most!

Me.