You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice ATIS doesn't work most of the time.

Alex Dent

Alex Dent
Posted
Posted

I'm current working on an updated generator for the text ATIS for VATNZ that powers the AFV text2speech voice ATIS via Euroscope.

During my testing of the new generator, I've noticed that the voice ATIS doesn't seem to work half the time. I can eventually get it working by swapping severs, but it's never consistent as to pin the problem on one single server.

Same with the ATIS string, there doesn't seem to be one single ATIS string or part of the string that causes the issue either.

I'm wondering if any other regions are experiencing this and if there are any known workarounds beyond swapping servers until it works?

Cheers

Alex

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Alex,

There is alot of work going on at the moment getting AFV ready to accept the original Euroscope ATIS sound files and in doing so has meant I have been restarting the ATIS server quite a few times.

To be honest the FSD feed of ATIS text data is so unreliable that you may find that some of the time the ATIS server just doesn't get thte updates.

This will all go away shortly when AFV becomes a uniatis style proxy anyway.

Cheers

Gary

Bernardo Reis
Posted
Posted

There will be any limit of the quality of the audio files like there was back in the day?

• 2 weeks later...
Istvan Szimon
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am also experiencing the exact same issue at LHBP recently. Sometimes AFV picks up atis, sometimes not. Not server related.

Tried swapping servers, reconnecting Euroscope, reconnecting ATIS, changing letter, no luck. Colleagues also had the issue. Changing server is what sometimes works.

Best,

Istvan