You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

software VATBOARD / VATBOARD.WEB - Arrivals/Departures board

Elias Stassinos

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi All!

In my occasional twitch streams with ES i want to be able to show an arrival / departure board

I was used to a free online arrivals/departures board (RealtimeNG) that seems to have gotten offline.

Yesterday while i was playing old style retro games , i thought it would be nice to create an board myself in rerto MSDOS style.

Well, here it is: VATBOARD

CONSOLE APP VERSION

Information VATBOARD Console version

Github: https://github.com/e4rthdog/VatBoard

WEB VERSION

Information VATBOARD WEB version

Github: https://github.com/e4rthdog/VatBoard.Web

WEB VERSION:

spacer.png

Here how Console version  looks:

vatboard.thumb.gif.00348b454281a4c854b015de8f76caad.gif

Edited by Elias Stassinos
  • Like 3

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings

image.png

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Great additio! I used to use the RealTimeNG for my streams, does anybody happen to know the developer of that website to possibly get it back and running again?

• Like 1
CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted

Any way of making one like RealtimeNG?

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Johnny Coughlan said:

Any way of making one like RealtimeNG?

I wanted to make something in one afternoon to tell you the truth,,

To make it like RealtimeNG would mean a lot of dedication to frontend which requires time that i dont currently have unfortuantely.. For a pure frontend guy would be a blast and very easy to do it..

Other than that, who knows maybe i will have time to scratch on my javascript skills 🙂

BTW do you happen to have a screenshot of RealtimeNG when it was working?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream

image.png

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Elias Stassinos said:

I wanted to make something in one afternoon to tell you the truth,,

To make it like RealtimeNG would mean a lot of dedication to frontend which requires time that i dont currently have unfortuantely.. For a pure frontend guy would be a blast and very easy to do it..

Other than that, who knows maybe i will have time to scratch on my javascript skills 🙂

BTW do you happen to have a screenshot of RealtimeNG when it was working?

Totally understand,

I used it for my streams too, this is a screengrab from one of the streams, disregard the 'Zulu time' and 'Flight board' text, that was added by me(overlay for the stream)

f20c0580927f60147ba29e1e13cdc07d.png

It alternated from Arrivals to departures(top left) with the white bar telling you which was being displayed.

Edited by Johnny Coughlan

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Johnny Coughlan said:

Totally understand,

I used it for my streams too, this is a screengrab from one of the streams, disregard the 'Zulu time' and 'Flight board' text, that was added by me(overlay for the stream)

f20c0580927f60147ba29e1e13cdc07d.png

It alternated from Arrivals to departures(top left) with the white bar telling you which was being displayed.

R u by any chance SquawkModeCharlie in twitch? 🙂

Thanks for the screen. Time is ETA?

image.png

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Elias Stassinos said:

R u by any chance SquawkModeCharlie in twitch? 🙂

Thanks for the screen. Time is ETA?

I am😁,

Yeah, the time is their ETA of arrival.

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Johnny Coughlan said:

I am😁,

Yeah, the time is their ETA of arrival.

You hooked me now 🙂

So i started a small project to bring that to web page and be as simple as it can get..Will keep you posted.

image.png

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Elias Stassinos said:

You hooked me now 🙂

So i started a small project to bring that to web page and be as simple as it can get..Will keep you posted.

Cheers bud, really appreciate it!

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted

I actually made something like this a while ago but lost interrest and abandoned it. This is some random footage of it that i found 123.gif

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Christian Kovanen said:

I actually made something like this a while ago but lost interrest and abandoned it. This is some random footage of it that i found 123.gif

Do you remember how do you calculate ETA  based on vatsim data file?

image.png

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Elias Stassinos said:

Do you remember how do you calculate ETA  based on vatsim data file?

If im not complettely mistaken I just took the distance between the departure and arrival airport and divided it with the speed of the aircraft 😄 (Pretty sure this is how vatbook does this too)

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Christian Kovanen said:

If im not complettely mistaken I just took the distance between the departure and arrival airport and divided it with the speed of the aircraft 😄 (Pretty sure this is how vatbook does this too)

Yeap thats how i calculate the distance also to/from airport. I just wondered if the data are there in the text file and i missed them 🙂

BTW Check my last night's work. I begun a web version. See First post i have updated it.

image.png

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Johnny Coughlan said:

Cheers bud, really appreciate it!

So it has begun. Check the fist post of the topic. I updated with the new web version 🙂 Cheers!

• Like 1

image.png

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Elias Stassinos said:

So it has begun. Check the fist post of the topic. I updated with the new web version 🙂 Cheers!

Impressive work! Love it 😄

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Andrew Ogden said:

Impressive work! Love it 😄

I will add distances and ETA based on some calculations from positions and speeds..

image.png

Johnny Coughlan
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Elias Stassinos said:

I will add distances and ETA based on some calculations from positions and speeds..

Looks great Elias!.

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Looks great!

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Johnny Coughlan said:

Looks great Elias!.

Here you are. I think that now is usable. I tested it with OBS , added a panel as browser with various sizes and it looks ok.

vatboard-web.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

image.png

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted

v1.03 - Departure - Arrival became one column to allow for smaller "window" size for streaming

• Thanks 1

image.png

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Looks good. However, I fail to see the connection with Euroscope (because it's posted in the Euroscope category).

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Thimo Koolen said:

However, I fail to see the connection with Euroscope (because it's posted in the Euroscope category).

It's interesting to use in connection with Euroscope when you stream your session on the internet.

• Like 1

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Thimo Koolen said:

Looks good. However, I fail to see the connection with Euroscope (because it's posted in the Euroscope category).

My initial urge for this was top be able to use it when streaming Euroscope on twitch. I would be glad to find a way to move it to another forum if this is what needs to be done. I didn't mean to post in wrong forum.

image.png

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted

Small changes to how it looks

Snipaste_2020-04-18_17-30-00.thumb.png.99928f5022f5dc344c3244ae0b4b4f91.png

• Like 1

image.png