You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to transmit

Sam Roberts

Sam Roberts
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

I have the latest version of vPilot running.
Always run software in administator mode.
Have calibrated and tested my mic in other software.
The transmitt button lights up.
I've added vPilot to my firewall
Tested other AC

I can hear people on freqeuncies, but when it comes to transmitting controllers cannot hear me.

anyone else had this issue?

• 5 months later...
John Dunbar
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem as above using Karken Razer ultimate gaming headsets.

John Dunbar

Dennis Schmidt
Posted
Posted

Yes me too

Kermit Short 1091031
Posted
Posted

I've got a similar problem, although I can't hear anything from the controllers.  I'm on the Saitek X52.  It used to work great, but as soon as I updated, things stopped working.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Does your TX light turn on? What does it look like? Could you send a screenshot of your client when this happens?

Me.

Kermit Short 1091031
Posted
Posted

Wow, ok.  So here's a little more data.  I am enamored with the Cessna Citation Longitude right now, so I've mostly been using that.  When I switched over to the Beechcraft Baron G58, vPilot comms worked beautifully.  When I switched back to the C700, I once again got no TX or RX on comms from vPilot.  As you can see in my screenshot, I've got Com1 tuned to the active ARR/DEP at KLAX.

When in the Baron, I got the expected turquoise colored frequency color change on COM1 on vPilot, and both the RX and TX lights lit up as expected.  As in the screen shot, I see no colored frequency for COM1, heard nothing, got no light indicators for RX/TX when on the C700.  I'm not sure if this happens on other aircraft.  I do like to fly the Grand Caravan as well, but for longer flights it's a bit slow and takes forever to get to the destination, so I haven't tried it.  I'll try it later and post results.

vpilot_c700.png

Kermit Short 1091031
Posted
Posted

So it looks like the C700 (Cessna Longitude) is the only aircraft where vPilot has a problem with comms.  Not sure why, or if that's consistent with what others are seeing, but that's what I've got.  Any ideas on how I can get things working again?  I do love flying that plane!!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The TX/RX letters in vPilot are gray, not white. This means the radio is not powered or has failed. Since it looks like the radio is powered up according to your screenshot, then my assumption is that this is a bug with the C700 and it is not reporting the radios as powered to vPilot via SimConnect.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kermit Short 1091031
Posted
Posted

So I'm quite inclined to agree, but I'm not sure where that leaves me...do I just wait for Microsoft/Asobo to fix it, or do I tell someone about it?  If so, who do I tell, and what's the preferred forum in which to tell them?  There's certainly nothing I can do about any of this myself...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure either ... I don't know what the process is for bug reporting with MSFS. I would start by looking in the forums and see how other people are reporting bugs. Definitely do a search first to see if someone has already started a topic on this specific issue.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted