You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot unable to connect to xplane please make sure x plane is running

• xpilot

Brock Lippelt

Brock Lippelt
Posted
Posted

So im using the most recent version of xpilot and it was working fine earlier today, but now when I try to connect to vatsim via xpilot it says "xPilot is unable to connect to X-Plane. Please make sure X-Plane is running and a flight is loaded." and I am obviously loaded in and have loaded a flight. ive tried reinstalling xpilot and turning off my firewall and nothing is working.

• Brock Lippelt changed the title to Xpilot unable to connect to xplane please make sure x plane is running
Jason Fearing
Posted
Posted

Same. What's weird, it's just one aircraft. XPilot was working with Aerobask Epic E1000 and ToLiss A319 but I get the same error that Brock does with the AFL 350.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Make sure the "Accept incoming connections" option isn't disabled in the X-Plane Network settings.

image.thumb.png.f1919b0fc01764b65deb08e734c19c9f.png

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Jason Fearing
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin, it was enabled. The roll back to 1.2.1 fixed both of my issues. Appreciate you making that available again.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jason Fearing said:

Thanks Justin, it was enabled. The roll back to 1.2.1 fixed both of my issues. Appreciate you making that available again.

Do you recall if xPilot was visible in the X-Plane plugins menu?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 1 year later...
David
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok here’s what I found for me after the same issues, different fix.

xPilot had NOT created a pluggin in Xplane with the setup manager install. Likely because I did not run the setup manager as the admin. Very important.

Right click on the setup manager after you download it, to select “run as admin”. But wait! There’s more…..Then after that you must go into the xPilot plugin itself under plugin menus in the game. Plugin admin I think is what it’s called. 

And then create the folder path for your CSL planes you downloaded during setup, or you’ll get the greyed out “Connect” box. This is under xPilot>settings then CSL tab, then find the folder which is in xplane>resources>plugins>xpilot>resources>csl

Good luck!

Edited by David