You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Asus Realtek Audio Drivers

William Su

William Su
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure where to put this. I have a Asus X570-E ROG motherboard. I was having issues receiving voice transmissions in vPilot after updating my audio drivers in Armoury Crate. All the sound effects worked fine (broadcast notifications, private messages, etc.), Just couldn't hear ATC and Rx didn't light up.

I managed to fix this by installing the audio driver patch from ASUS. Apparently it's caused by a double install of Sonic Studio. Hope this helps anyone who's been having the same issue.

Edited by William Su

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

If RX did not light up, I don't think you were in range to hear ATC. I'd suggest you double check you are actually in range with ATC and do some testing there.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
William Su
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2020 at 12:29 AM, Morten Jelle said:

If RX did not light up, I don't think you were in range to hear ATC. I'd suggest you double check you are actually in range with ATC and do some testing there.

I was in range, Tx worked and the controller was able to hear me, I just couldn't receive. I fixed it by downloading a driver patch from the Asus website.

• 2 weeks later...
Garett Johnson
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this.  Been dealing with a broken vPilot for months, and this was the solution!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Garett Johnson said:

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this.  Been dealing with a broken vPilot for months, and this was the solution!

Don't you mean broken audio driver? 😝

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Luis Cortez
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have the X570-F and I'm having the EXACT same issue. I thought I might have been out of range but I'm sitting at an airport with ATIS. I can TX but cannot RX, ATC can hear me and confirmed via text. I get all other sound notifcations, all input and output devices are set in Windows and vPilot. Windows 10 64 bit.

Although I have a Corsair Void headset which I'm sending all sound to while I wait for my speakers to ship. I get no voice into the headset so I'm not sure if its a motherboard issue?

Any luck anybody?

Edited by Luis Cortez

Luis Cortez

• 4 weeks later...
William Su
Posted
Posted
On 5/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, Luis Cortez said:

I have the X570-F and I'm having the EXACT same issue. I thought I might have been out of range but I'm sitting at an airport with ATIS. I can TX but cannot RX, ATC can hear me and confirmed via text. I get all other sound notifcations, all input and output devices are set in Windows and vPilot. Windows 10 64 bit.

Although I have a Corsair Void headset which I'm sending all sound to while I wait for my speakers to ship. I get no voice into the headset so I'm not sure if its a motherboard issue?

Any luck anybody?

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-F-Gaming/HelpDesk_Download/

Try "DRV_Audio_SSIII_VAC_PATCH_W10_64_VER10_20191001R"

• 5 weeks later...
Alex Ridge
Posted
Posted

I am getting this on a different ASUS board 😞

• 2 weeks later...
Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

After may hours trying, I finally solved this problem by removing Asus Sonic Studio.

• 4 months later...
John Callum
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2020 at 5:54 AM, Stefan Blauw said:

After may hours trying, I finally solved this problem by removing Asus Sonic Studio.

Thanks for this solution. I thought I was going crazy. On Asus z-390 mb and after a driver update vPilot (and xPilot) stopped receiving ATC. After deleting Sonic Studio everything back to normal.

John

• 1 year later...
Dame Peters
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 1:00 PM, William Su said:

I was in range, Tx worked and the controller was able to hear me, I just couldn't receive. I fixed it by downloading a driver patch from the Asus website.

Hello, so I figured out how to fix this problem without deleting Sonic Studio. Inside the Sonic Studio software (I have Sonic Studio III running on Windows 10), navigate to the "Record Studio" tab, then to the "Virtual Mixer" sub-tab and turn on the "Virtual Mixer". Set your "Sound Tester" monitoring device to your speakers, then under "Applications", add vPilot. Inside the vPilot app in settings under "Audio", select the "Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer" as your Output Device. Before doing any of this, I did update my Asus ROG audio drivers from the Asus website, linked below (not sure if this has anything to do with the fix).  That should fix it. That fixed it for me. Happy flying!

Asus Website Link: https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/ 

Edited by Dame Peters
Added some additional details.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Saffran
Posted
Posted

Updating the Audio Drivers from Asus Download-Center or ArmouryCrate-Bloatware? Good Luck - they don't care updating the Drivers! (First and LAST time asus for me!)

But there is a very committed community member in the forum which links the most recent drivers for Realtek Audio: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-amp-AMD-3xx-4xx-5xx)
I'll use these on my X570-E and never had such Issues with vPilot 🙂