You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope hangs and crash on exit

Giovanni Tarar

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted

Hello guys!

I've just updated to the latest v3.2.1.24 beta, and it seems to have an issue.

Whenever I close Euroscope (either after a session or if I just started it to check something) it does the usual asking if I want to save this and that, but after I click Save or Cancel on the last window, it hangs and after a couple of minutes Windows tells me the the program is not responding, and crashes.

Has anyone of you experienced this issue as well?

Best regards!

Firma Tarar.png

Alexander Nakopoulos
Posted
Posted

it does the same to me as well.

• Like 1

Carlo Bollini
Posted
Posted

Can confirm this happening to me as well

• Like 1

Alex Amorianos
Posted
Posted

+1

• Like 1

Alex

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Can confirm this happening to some users in the Dutch VACC. Downgrading to previous beta for now.

• Like 1

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Thimo Koolen said:

Can confirm this happening to some users in the Dutch VACC. Downgrading to previous beta for now.

Thanks a lot. Will follow the advice. Hopefully it will be fixed soon

Firma Tarar.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Most likely a plugin you use which is not compatible. Try the default profile and everything works fine.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jonas Kuster said:

Most likely a plugin you use which is not compatible. Try the default profile and everything works fine.

I did some investigations and tried multiple combinations of plug-ins. I found that the one that is causing Euroscope to hang on exit is vSMR...

Edited by Giovanni Tarar
Updated cause of the issue (not AFV Bridge, but vSMR)

Firma Tarar.png

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Actually this isn't a problem with the plugins. I have been using the beta for a while now with all my regular plugins. It says in the change log that if there are any issue make sure to download the latest redistribute package from Microsoft. https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Change log: https://www.euroscope.hu/wp/2020/04/12/3-2-1-24/

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

So you have the vSMR plugin working with r24? Because on my system it looks also as this plugin is not (yet) compatible.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Currently with the latest beta, mentoring a student with vSMR (Not the nightly build btw).

EuroScope_bjY51NXjvv.png

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Chriss Klosowski said:

Actually this isn't a problem with the plugins. I have been using the beta for a while now with all my regular plugins. It says in the change log that if there are any issue make sure to download the latest redistribute package from Microsoft. https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

Change log: https://www.euroscope.hu/wp/2020/04/12/3-2-1-24/

I have just updated the ms redist but no luck...Euroscope still hangs on closure

Firma Tarar.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Chriss Klosowski said:

Currently with the latest beta, mentoring a student with vSMR (Not the nightly build btw).

The crash I observed is only when you close ES after the session.

• Like 1

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jonas Kuster said:

The crash I observed is only when you close ES after the session.

Yes. From start to the end everything it's fine. But after clicking on the X to close, and after having confirmed all the save/cancel windows, it hangs until you give it an imput with the mouse and then crashes.

At least it saves the settings before crashing

Firma Tarar.png

Phil Aldred
Posted
Posted

Im also getting this problem, just tried unloading vSMR plugin and its now closing properly.

Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Phil Aldred said:

Im also getting this problem, just tried unloading vSMR plugin and its now closing properly.

Did the same, but sometimes I have to use it anyway because it's really useful, and I'm an S1 so ground is my only job...

Firma Tarar.png

• 3 months later...
David Thurstan
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I notice this hasn't been posted to in ages, but for completeness sake...

This issue is due to the order of the plugins. (In my case the UKController Plugin and vSMR) Any plugin that does the same sort of thing as the UKController plugin but for another country, say, will probably exhibit. It is partially a Euroscope bug too - or so I'm lead to understand. It is present in ES beta (r23 - r25) as far as I know.

Steps to take:

1. Make vSMR the very last plugin to be loaded by using the up/down buttons to change the order of the plugins (or just unload it and re load it so it appears as last in the list.)

2. Exit ES - it will still hang at this point so click on the screen and select  to end the program in the dialogue box that comes up.

3. Re-Start ES. 

The problem should have gone.

The latest nightly-build of vSMR has a fix in it that was committed only a few days ago. Installing that nightly build will also fix the problem  and  the order no longer matters.

Hope that helps anyone else...

Cheers,

Dave

• 1 month later...
Giovanni Tarar
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2020 at 7:21 PM, David Thurstan said:

Hi all,

I notice this hasn't been posted to in ages, but for completeness sake...

This issue is due to the order of the plugins. (In my case the UKController Plugin and vSMR) Any plugin that does the same sort of thing as the UKController plugin but for another country, say, will probably exhibit. It is partially a Euroscope bug too - or so I'm lead to understand. It is present in ES beta (r23 - r25) as far as I know.

Steps to take:

1. Make vSMR the very last plugin to be loaded by using the up/down buttons to change the order of the plugins (or just unload it and re load it so it appears as last in the list.)

2. Exit ES - it will still hang at this point so click on the screen and select  to end the program in the dialogue box that comes up.

3. Re-Start ES. 

The problem should have gone.

The latest nightly-build of vSMR has a fix in it that was committed only a few days ago. Installing that nightly build will also fix the problem  and  the order no longer matters.

Hope that helps anyone else...

Cheers,

Dave

I can confirm that. The new nightly build of vSMR has fixed all the hang-related issues, but hopefully a fix for the plug-ins management is coming with the next ES beta 🙂

Firma Tarar.png