You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flying USTRANSCOM on VATSIM

Adar Polachek

Adar Polachek
Posted
Posted

Hello, 

For the past few years I’ve been documenting different routes flown in real life by “CMB” (Callsign: Camber) U.S. Transportation Command - providing transportation for the U.S. DOD, moving people and property around the world using The Civil Reserve Air Fleet - selected aircraft from U.S. airlines (777s, 747s and more) contractually committed to support the DODs airlift requirements when the need for airlift exceeds the capability of military aircraft.

I’ve flown a few of these routes online and was wondering if any virtual U.S. Air Force groups/virtual airlines simulate these flights.

If there aren’t any, would any virtual groups like to add these routes? 

In addition, if anyone else has more information on flights done by the USTRANSCOM (CMB) please do share! 🙂

Thanks 

Adar Polachek 

1309237 | C1

Adar Polachek

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

I believe http://www.vusaa.org/vam/index.php does this, unsure however.

@Brin Brody may know. I'd recommend to contact him over the forum or via his artcc. 

• Like 1

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

At vUSAA we only have the C-37 and UC-35 replicating the USAPAT.

• Like 1

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Brin Brody
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi @Adar Polachek!

At the present time, vUSAF, much like vUSAA (see Sean's post above) does not actively make use of a CRAF.  We do have policies in place for such activities, though, which have been activated in the past.  If this is of interest to you, please send me an email ([email protected]) and I can connect you with the appropriate party on our end.

Edited by Brin Brody
Wording
  • Like 1
    Brin Brody