You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim and other ATC's

PETER TYAS

PETER TYAS
Posted
Posted

Windows 10 :  P3Dv4.5 : Vpilot : Vox Atc: Oculus rift s:

Running the above with native P3D VR. I have just come back to vatsim used to use Fsinn and mainly fly from EGPH to Europe but found that during the day atc was very sparse. During the last few years I have been using Vox atc but find it a little bit unrealistic especially at airports, no last minute runway change or holds. As vatsim requires you to use unicom when there is no ATC is there a way round this so I can still have ATC control via Vox when there are no controllers on line. I would like to stay with Vitim but even after all these years I can still go from EGPH down to Innsbruk and only speak to one controller in the London area if I am lucky until I pick up approach at Innsbruk. Surely there must be a way that when I can see there is no vatsim atc around I can switch to vox and then back to Unicom when one pops up without breaking the rules as this is why I stopped using Vatsim in the first place. Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer. Peter

Adam Trzcinski
Posted
Posted

VATSIM requires that you monitor 122.800 during flight and recommends that you possibly arrange with fellow pilots on UNICOM when planning approaches or departures without ATC available.

If you feel like you need to use another tool to give you vectors or instructions, feel free to do so, however be aware that you may not conflict with other aircraft and if this impacts their experience, you have to switch back to adhering to common sense and following UNICOM arrangements.

But if you monitor UNICOM during your flight as requested and observe for ATC coming online... you can do whatever you want in between. 🙂

VATSIM Germany

www.ftw-sim.de | Fly-The-World economic simulation

PETER TYAS
Posted
Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. I am not looking to alter the approach and departure both of which I understand the need to use unicom it is that two hour silence inbetween if there is ATC on line