You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPILOT Problems

Steve Stevens

Steve Stevens
Posted
Posted

Since latest updates my xPilot has been rough to use. Frequent disconnects, when I set a PTT button and use it xPilot blinks until I release the key. Never had a problem until 11.5 compat update. I am running 11.41.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Then do yourself a favor and read through the pinned topics... in doing so you would see that 1.2.1.0 is available for download again...

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Steve Stevens
Posted
Posted

Yeah, but that doesn't fix 1.3 and I have read through the pinned topics. Do yourself a favor and don't be so rude. I understand your frustration, no worse than ours.

Nick Harasym
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Steve Stevens 1238944 said:

Yeah, but that doesn't fix 1.3 and I have read through the pinned topics. Do yourself a favor and don't be so rude. I understand your frustration, no worse than ours.

1.3 from what I understand is a alpha / beta type release. If you don't want to live life on the edge with alpha / beta software then use stable which is 1.2.x

Nick Harasym
VATSIM Senior Developer
Team Lead, Infrastructure
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Steve Stevens
Posted
Posted

And that is now what I am trying to do

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Steve, please remember that any work that I do with xPilot is done on my free time; I don’t get paid for any of it. With this in mind, it’s important to be patient with these issues, especially with alpha/beta software. 

The freezing is a particular difficult issue for me to diagnose because I have been unable to reproduce it on my setup. 

Steve Stevens
Posted
Posted

I think I was being patient and providing positive feedback. After trying all the pinned suggestions including the rollback, my problem still exists. No matter what key I chose in any of the versions now, my xPilot flashes off and on until I release the key. I did not have the problem until recently. Only changes to my system outside W10 updates is reloading the C++ Redistrib and xPilot.

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, just reporting my issues.

Ok, my stupidity and not reading the settings PTT correctly. my screen only showed half and I thought I was setting PTT but I was setting xPilot toggle instead. Sorry for my error, All good in all versions now. 

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Great to hear that. Happy flying. 

Steve Stevens
Posted
Posted

Thanks.

Pratham Rawal 1383881
Posted
Posted

How do I get the option to change the VHF equalizer? I used to be able to but now I can't

Pratham Rawal 1383881
Posted
Posted

356967668_DesktopScreenshot2020_04.16-16_38_52_17.thumb.png.1a97ea5e55e8d003ca5e7098d4e821d4.png

As shown in this image

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

It was removed due to some issues with the AFV library. The option will return at a later date. 

Pratham Rawal 1383881
Posted
Posted

Ok thank you, Wide VHF sounded more real then the default one, so was wondering.

• 2 years later...
David  Henderson  1435824
Posted
Posted

I HOPE I AM IN THE CORRECT FORUM.SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

my problem is that my xpilot works very well except the PTT does not allow transmit sound. I can hear all other transmissions; any help is welcome. attached is screen shot of data set up,.ptt on side stick shows top left hand of monitor as i set. xPlane file is for data script text

xplane11 file .png

Screenshot (114).png

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Hello David,

First step: Can you verify that you mapped the "xPilot Radio Push-to-Talk (PTT)" command to a button on your joystick? Look in X-Plane for >Settings >Joystick

Here is a web link to the instructions: Bind Joystick Button